Community Forums

Sorry to Hear  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 3, 2017 11:40 am  

Hi Eric, as Sunday comes look forward to receiving the News Letter and seeing whats new, was very sorry to hear you have lost one of your pets. Pet is not the right word they are part of the family. Am sure you all have fond memories.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

mykirbyroo
(@mykirbyroo)
Registered
December 3, 2017 12:04 pm  

Sincerest condolences, Eric.  A pet's death is always painful.  We have cats, and one of them, my boy Kirby, died in his sleep in his bed in our home.  We buried him in the backyard right next to the house, so technically, he's still home.  It will get better with time.

Ann

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 3, 2017 12:04 pm  

Thanks, John. We've fostered and adopted literally hundreds of cats and dogs over the years, and we've lost many along the way but it never gets easier. We've lived with Rookie longer than any of the others, so it's been especially difficult. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

mykirbyroo and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Navey
(@navey)
Registered
December 3, 2017 12:35 pm  

Eric sorry to hear about your loss of Rookie, it's always traumatic to loose a pet, they are family and loved as such. I have lost two cats, one was seventeen and one was fifteen and they are still close in my heart as I know Rookie will be in yours and your family.

ReplyQuote
Navey
(@navey)
Registered
December 3, 2017 12:36 pm  

Sorry meant to say lose a pet.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 3, 2017 12:40 pm  

Eric I just saw this we too have cats that we have adopted and we have my little buddy Louie our Dog hangs out with me all the time almost everywhere I go . They truly are our family and can be really hard when we lose them . I am sorry to hear of this and sorry for your loss .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered (M)
December 3, 2017 1:01 pm  

Eric, We also take in cats anyways BEFORE they go to the pounds also.  We lost one beautiful white cat Thumbalina (as she had so many thumbs) she was a beauty in many ways-  I had to make the decision to put her down just after Christmas-I lived through the holidays day by day with that decision-- But in the long run, I know that we gave her a wonderful life and health care..  It was her time no more suffereing.. Sad as it may be, She is in a better place than she was. As nothing the Dr. could do.. Everyday got worse in the last week. 

AS my dry run to heaven myself, IT is a beautiful place with no more pain, nothing!! Calming... But we that remain, still have the hearts, the hurts, and the tears. Somehow we manage to make a turn around and repeat ourselves of our gifts to another animal that needs us..  This is our special place Eric...... Here to keep our love going-We are not selfish people in this field of animals...... They need us and we need them.. How our personalities glow together in this way..    *** A silent Prayer to you and yours, Marcie. **********

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
December 3, 2017 1:17 pm  

Eric,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. You are right, it doesn't get easier. We had one cat for 22 years and still miss him. And, still we all keep getting more pets! We just keep cats, but they kind of wander in from time to time and take up residence.  We 'only' have three right now.

Again, very sorry for you and your family.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
December 3, 2017 3:03 pm  

My condolences on your painful loss.

The less said,  the better. 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
December 3, 2017 4:21 pm  

sorry to hear of your loss Eric , run free  Rookie  , I know the pain is hard to bear now Eric , but you will find that the pain will lessen but the happy memories will stay with you forever and the love will always be in your heart .

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
December 4, 2017 1:12 am  

Eric , 

So sorry to hear this sad news . 

Big hugs , Bubbles 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 4, 2017 10:12 am  
Posted by: Dona

We had one cat for 22 years and still miss him. And, still we all keep getting more pets! We just keep cats, but they kind of wander in from time to time and take up residence.  We 'only' have three right now.

Thanks, everyone. 

Dona, we've had a lot of foster cats and we tend to take in the ones who are urgently looking for homes or are terminal. We've lost quite a few of them, but never our own cats. The oldest is probably 13 or so, and I hope we have another decade with her at least. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Liaelena
(@liaelena)
Registered
December 4, 2017 10:18 am  

Eric ,  so sorry to hear about losing your beloved companion!   My beautiful cat

died 3 years ago after being with me for almost 20 years

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register