Community Forums

Best Wishes For Stella  

RSS

john68
(@john68)
Registered
May 15, 2018 1:36 pm  

Hi All, you will have seen that one of our new members Stella is receiving her surgery today. we all remember that day when we went for our stoma and how important the support of friends and family was. so I thought it would be nice to let Stella see she has been in our thoughts when she is able to be back online. So Stella all the best.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
May 15, 2018 2:46 pm  

Dear Stella , 

Hi. As you wake up from your anesthesia, you are entering into a new world.  It is populated by two types of people. One type is the ostomate who is afraid and ashamed of being different from the old world. The other type is very realistic and wants to learn as much as possible about her new circumstances. If she runs into a problem,  she knows that she doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. She can ask and learn from others who walk the same road.

Welcome to our world.  Hope that we can ease the way . You will find that we are a nice bunch of people , who actually care. Join us in our discussions. We need you, too.

Z

P.s. Manure happens. 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
May 15, 2018 3:43 pm  

Thanks, John, for the  reminder. Letter follows.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 15, 2018 4:49 pm  

Best wishes to you @sjlovestosing

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
May 16, 2018 10:58 am  

Hello All,

This is Stella's husband, Lee, typing for her. She wants to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and encouragement. Her surgery yesterday afternoon went very well, and everything (including her stoma) is looking good. She's alert and feeling pretty good, but is in an awkward position to do any typing, so I'm just helping her out. It's only 17 hours since surgery, and she's doing quite well though she's already feeling impatient. I want to thank all of you for your support. This website has made a huge difference in helping Stella (and myself) prepare for her new life as an ostomate. You've replaced fear and anxiety with hope and confidence.

VeganOstomy, Sasquatch, Robert and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
May 16, 2018 11:33 am  

Hi Stella and Lee, That is brilliant news, pass on a BIG thumbs up. :-D 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
May 16, 2018 12:44 pm  

Stella and Lee,

Thanks for the update. I am very happy to hear it went well, and best of all...it is OVER! My good wishes  to you both ( I know this ostomy thing is a team sport!).

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
May 16, 2018 2:24 pm  

Stella n Lee . Glad all went well for you . time for another chapter in your life . Wishing you best of Luck and a speedy recovery .......

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)
Registered
May 16, 2018 2:24 pm  

Good to hear the surgery went well!  Best wishes on the recovery, take your time.

UC since 2002, subtotal colectomy Dec. 2016, proctolectomy Coming Soon.

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
Chris
(@chris)
Registered
May 17, 2018 6:09 am  

Good it hear it went well. And is over. :)

ReplyQuote
Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
May 17, 2018 8:57 am  

I am so happy to hear that you are doing well after your surgery. Thank you for the update. Now onward and prayers for a quick recovery and an easy transition into your new life.

God when you choose to leave mountains unmovable oh give me the strength to sing it is well with my soul

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 17, 2018 11:13 pm  

Yay! That's awesome! Thanks for keeping us updated! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
May 25, 2018 3:29 pm  

Stella, hope this finds you well.  I just want to remind you-------If you go with byram to order your supplies, you get a free pair of scissors.  :-)  Just say your new, and your in.  Alo sask for a new catalog. 

So how are things gong? Ya, I know, But the staples should be out soon and the real healing begins.  And adjusting to your stoma.  Now you can think of a name for it.  Mine is (whooooooa) Nellie. She likes to get her dress changed (pouch) a lot, Sometimes she behaves and sometimes not. Your a new you now.  So welcome!!  At least you can get outside during your healing..  That is important.   Wishing u the best and your husband too. Marcie.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register