Applying for new jobs  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
October 9, 2019 10:50 pm  

Hi guys, 

I had the phone interview last week. I felt like it went pretty well, but didn’t feel like my specific experience matched the position very well. I must have been right because I got an email that they were moving forward with other candidates. 

I have applied for a couple others, and saw there is one posted at my old job. It is the job of the guy I used to sit next to. He got a job at one of the plants. I’m torn about applying - there are parts of the job I don’t feel comfortable with. 

Tony-I’ve been checking out the info you sent me. Thanks again for that!!

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

Tony liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 10, 2019 2:12 am  

@squeakyandliza....liza, try not to worry, I am sure you will get another job soon. Maybe something better your way. Try and be patient with yourself and take advantage of this time to get some rest so your body can complete it's healing process. Are you seeing any changes in your wound size and depth lately?

Linda

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 10, 2019 5:18 am  

Liza, the job back at the old company,  would it be the same position as you held. If it’s taking a step down I think you would be selling your self short. Then if a job comes up with another company and you apply maybe that would be against you 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
October 10, 2019 7:32 am  

@john68

John- the job at my old company is a different position and would be one level higher than my old position (where I should have been if I had got the promotion they told me I was getting).  So it isn’t a step back in that way. That was a good point though. I definitely would not go back for a lower level, or even the same level, for that matter.  😀

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 10, 2019 10:24 am  

Liza, wow, that is really something to think about isn't it? What about medical coverage? It sounds like a big company! Did you find out that if you took a job with the same company, what is the deal with your severance pay? I thought about this a bit last night, and knowing  they shut your job down there, and moved it to another State, I do not think it would be fair to expect you to have to return it especially after training someone for your position. They shut it down and asked you to lift up your whole life and move lock, stock and barrel away from everything you know and have worked for. I would imagine the severance in all fairness is yours regardless. But I am still curious about what you found out about it. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
October 10, 2019 12:30 pm  

@dlkfiretruck

Linda - fair or not, if I take another job with the same company, I have to repay the severance. If I take another job after 2 weeks, I have to repay all but 2 weeks worth. So it is something to consider. If I get a job somewhere else, I get to keep the severance. I’m not going to let this influence my decision though. I haven’t even received it yet, so paying it back would be no big deal. 😀

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 10, 2019 12:58 pm  

@squeakyandliza

Awesome Liza, at least you know. I am not big on being surprised if I can avoid it. lol! I guess a double hard earned income makes that doable. Great attitude you young whipper snappers have!!! Lol! Hahaha!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register