Community Forums

Another thing on th...

Another thing on the way.  

RSS

Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
August 22, 2019 10:40 pm  

Here's one to file under the topic ... "if it ain't one thing,  it's another one on the way. Since May I have been through the mill.  While in the hospital they did a test where I had to swallow a small camera and they would track it through my insides.  The camera id's supposed to go all the way through and come  out in the poop. In wasn't told about this test,  but the camera never came out.  It was hung up and yesterday it caused a blockage.  I spent 24 hours in excruciating pain. A lot of it has finally passed,  but still really shaky and still some pain.  Now they b have to decide how. to get itty out of me once and for all. It's been a really crummy couple of days

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered
August 23, 2019 12:29 am  

Oh, what a lot to go through. So sorry to learn this; hope you feel much better soon.

I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 23, 2019 1:31 pm  
Posted by: @msbjlee

but the camera never came out.

Argh! That's terrible! I have some "dummy pill cameras" at home that I picked up from one of the IBD trade shows I was at, and while they are small, they are not small enough to be completely risk-free for ostomates. 

Barbara, I hope you begin to have better days soon!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 23, 2019 1:51 pm  

Hello Barbara,

I am so sorry to hear that its been hard for you . The camera thing sounds like a real nightmare. Like Eric said.. seems like a difficult thing to expect an ostomate to swallow and not have any trouble with. Good information for all of us .

I really hope you feel better soon.

Funny, I just thought about you yesterday, and how I hadn't seen any posts...and here you are today!

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
August 23, 2019 1:51 pm  

Ah Barbara, You really deserve a break! Every issue always has a turning point and I hope yours is round the corner 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 23, 2019 7:23 pm  

Oh my gosh Barbara, that is crazy. You just have a little camera free in your guts?? Seems like they would have made sure you knew about it and kept an eye on you until it came out. I'm so sorry you are going through this. 

LK and IleosTony liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 24, 2019 7:42 am  

Barbara...welcome back to you too! I have been wondering what has happened to you after that last hospital stay and rehab.  So glad you are back, Camera and all!  I hope you are feeling strong again and healthier then you have in  the past.  You have gone thru so much and I think the worst. C-Diff has plagued you and now this  little buddy and a blockage!  Did you loose the camera or are you going to name it?   

Linda

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
August 28, 2019 2:05 pm  

@dlkfiretruck

Barb-- ha name the damn thing--sea-scape?? What is wrong with those Doctors? I have had many scopes of such also0 but never lost the important part of their equipment--blew off my pouch tho-- that I can fix-  Castor oil ?  The old  home remedy ?? chug a lug honey !! Keep that smile.. Give me an e-mail if u can. M. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register