Karma goes both way...

Karma goes both ways  

RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 18, 2019 11:31 am  

Happy Sunny Sunday! 

I realized I do a lot of complaining on here, and wanted to share some good stuff too. Mostly not ostomy related, but this is the Lounge. 😂

First thing, a few weeks ago, we were wrapping up our annual audit at work to get our SEC filing done. The auditors needed a lot of information that last weekend to get everything finalized so I ended up working a fair part of the weekend. Not really a big deal to me.  Well my boss was up at my office last week and he had a note for me. It was from the CFO and the Controller. They were recognizing people who went above and beyond for the audit with a bonus.  Yay!

This weekend, we travelled over 4 hours to where my husband's dad lives since he invited my husband, Tom and Tom's brother who lives elsewhere to come play in a golf tournament. Tom and I decided to make a mini vacation out of it and opted to stay at a resort nearby. The rooms in the lodge were comparable in price to hotel rooms in the town, so we figured why not. Well, when we got here Friday evening to check it, they had given our room in the lodge, which is basically a hotel room, to another guest who was unhappy with their room. So they upgraded us to a chalet for no extra charge. It is a cute little 3 bedroom cabin, with a big deck overlooking one of the golf courses. This is where I am now and where I spent most of the day yesterday while Tom was golfing. I've seen a bunch of deer 🦌 which I love! We took tomorrow off work, so we have a whole other day to spend here. 

Last night we had dinner with Tom's dad, stepmom and brother. This has always been my favorite of Tom's siblings, but we have really bonded over what I have gone through in the last year, since he has had Crohn's since he was a teenager. We had a really nice talk about what we are both going through right now. He, like you guys, gets it. Then he was telling me about what he wants to do for his daughter for her 14th birthday. He is such a good dad!!  It sounded like money was a bit of a concern with his plans, so before Tom left to meet him to golf again this morning, I put some cash in an envelope with the instructions to not let his brother say no and to use it to make her birthday extra special. I won't really miss the money, and it felt so good to do something nice like that. It doesn't have to be money, but any time you can do something nice for someone, I think you get as much from it as they do. 😀

So, I hope you are all having as nice a weekend as I am. Darn. It will only let me attach one photo. I had to decide between the cabin, the view from the deck, and a deer. 

1566142303-IMG_1489.jpg

Happy Liza (for a change  😂)

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

VeganOstomy, john68, LK and 1 people liked
IleosTony
(@ileostony)
Registered
August 18, 2019 11:52 am  

Hi liza, thank you for sharing this story. There is still grace in this world.   

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
August 18, 2019 1:07 pm  

Liza that’s a darn nice thing to do!! We live in a very self centred World! An act of kindness makes a big difference, love the deer 🦌 looking forward to seeing the other half in your next post 😂

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 18, 2019 1:15 pm  

@john68

Ha ha. I know you were kidding, but here you go. 

1566148537-IMG_1482.jpg

This was actually a different one. There were 3 in the group. 

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
August 18, 2019 1:24 pm  

Or it could be a very long deer!!!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 18, 2019 1:50 pm  

Our cabin...

1566150613-IMG_1491.jpg

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 18, 2019 5:01 pm  

Thanks for the pictures! Alway good to see different places. Happy to hear you had such a nice time too.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 18, 2019 9:59 pm  

@dona

Dona, 

This is in central Oregon. 😀

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 19, 2019 11:24 am  

That's so awesome! Thanks for sharing. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 19, 2019 12:37 pm  

Oh Deer! You all made me laugh  this morning. TQ. All the butt jokes, I love it. No one in my family ever got my "gut" type jokes, so this has been fun.  Hehehe....

Liza, it sounds to me like you got the better "end" of the deal. What a sweet chalet. It is always a treat when wildlife grace us with their presence....unless your too close and they don't want you there. Where I live, we see a fair deal of Deer,  I just live them. Such a graceful animal. From standing still, they are able to pop right over a 6 ft. fence as if they were plucked over & placed by Scotty, only quicker. 

Gifting some cash to make a child's birthday better, not something any parent should turn down, is such a thoughtful thing you did.  Shes a lucky gal to have her Daddy wanting to do more for her. We had a 1 or 2 friend sleep over, butt, my nights were more active including the usual rush  & pain of my guts,  I always got teased. I Did not always enjoy my birthday. Helping out like that, is so sweet! Good on you!  

If anyone ever makes it over to Vancouver Island, there's a fabulous place called "Tighe NA Mera" that we went to years ago, as they were starting up. Small chalets, and hotel rooms. Butt the best part was the ocean, it was right there. Sandy beaches forever, watch the tide!

Linda

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
August 19, 2019 1:52 pm  

Hi everyone,

I usually don't look at my email until Monday, so I am a little late responding. 

Liza, I am so glad that you got a chance to get away. I'll tell you nothing beats a mini-vacation! I am hoping that my husband and I go on one in the next couple of months. We've been so busy helping my sister get settled here in VT. She finally bought a home, but it needs some TLC before she can move in. Hopefully, by the end of the month we'll be able to get things in order.

Love the pics of the deer - on both ends! lol!!

Stella

LK and SqueakyandLiza liked
ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
August 19, 2019 6:54 pm  

@dlkfiretruck

It looks like a beautiful place, Linda. And I could watch the ocean for hours!!  It is my happy place, for sure. And beaches to walk on, even better!!

We are home from our adventure. It was nice to take a few days off from thinking about work and my scope results and what they may bring for me. 

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register