Wish me luck

20 Posts
11 Users
26 Likes
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

EVERYONE...

HEllO all-- Marcie here-- blockage's and anemia-- I have the same but now also in my heart.. Having stents in etc and major testing along wit this procedure--THIS FRIDAY THE  30th of Aug.. Asking for prayers.. I am so flat down on my face-- trying to decide if I am more dehydrated than my infusions 4 times a week or not and along with anemia.  Hard road I have been on the past year or last 6 month= wheel chair.  Hopefully they can fix me up and then just be the ol Marcie having my weekly infusions. ha !  was bad--and yes it got worse.. so yes, it can get worse for me or us.. Just got to try harder and break up the stress that is a round you and work just FOR YOU, YOUSELF--no one else at times..  Wish me luck gang! Marcie..

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Marcie, you've been to hell and back! I hope you have a positive outcome on the 30th - good luck! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

@veganostomy

YES I have.. Being an ostomate is hard to deal with--I dealt with it-- THANKS TO THIS BLOG ERIC...….. But I have had nothing but HARD dealings that have taken so much time to come forward (many special doctors to see what the heck is wrong) and now possible help for me..The fluid balance, and the anemia, and this?  bang bang bang.. Hard to learn YOUR body after being an ostomate with everything going down hill. BEING AN OSTOMATE is easy for most people.. Just some of us have a bit of struggles--I did die 2 times--One would think my heart would be involved.. A full year I worked as a team player with so many doctors...….. Finally I told my heart Dr. "do I have to sit in your lap to get a tress test done?  the heck with your stupid EKG 's.!!!!!!!!!!!!! "    BINGO ------------------------ :-)  I AM SO EXCITED !!!  Friday cant come fast enough for me..   not that I will be perfect--(who is??) but I would love to sweep my kitchen floor.. for starters. I WANT THE OLD MARCIE BACK !!! she is fun !! (or was) May be pushing 70-- but  mentaly I am 20-- that is Marcie !!! My friends..  so excited...…..

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

LK, LLNorth, Tony and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi Marcie,

I certainly will pray. I hope all goes well. We've missed seeing you on the forum.

Stella

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)

Hi Marcie,

I'll be praying too. Please let us know how you're doing if you will; we would love to know.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Marcie, The very best going forward ?

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Marcie, Best wishes from me as well. You have been through a lot! Thats for sure.  All the best for getting this sorted.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)

Good luck, Marcie - thinking of you.

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

Good Luck Marcie!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

Thank you all  - Nellie is ready and has her hospital gown on-- tomorrow, at 6 a.m. I will have mine on.  :-) Hope they match haha...… Most of all Nellie behaves herself !!!!!!!! But as always, we don't have control over that do we at times?  Again, many thanks for your well thoughts.. And your P.M's  -Marcie------ hugs to all.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)

Best of LUCK  Marcie

Marcie and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Marcie, my goodness lady! What you (and Barbara)...have been up to!!!  A lot of your struggles with energy could well be related to your heart issues. It is a good thing that woman's heart issues are making the headlines more then ever, making the world aware this is not just a MAN thing. Anemia fatigue has its own ball game.  I had to have a (heart) catheter ablation in 1996.  My main pace maker, the one God gives you was too big and causing SVT (Supra ventricular tachycardia).  After YEARS of this...because docs would not listen, long runs lasting of SVT many long days in a row. A stint in emergency too sick to be moved, eventually got me up to the University Hospital. Emergency procedure, settled things down dramatically and I felt like a new person some weeks down the road. Having to lay still for so many hours to avoid a bleed was the hardest part of the procedure, well, that and the anesthesiologist getting sick within min. of the docs. getting to the target zone. I opted to try and have this done with out her help, tho painful and passed out a time or two from it,  I was told in the end that I had survived 12 major heart attacks.  On cauterizing my too large, SV Node, it took 12 jolts ( a micro wave type gadget) and I could feel a difference in energy with in an hour of being done. Breathing, the whole nine yards changed that day.

I had done something I should not have done on Thursday and spent the last few days recouping but I was able to almost read all  your entry and unable to reply. But, I did think of you Friday a.m. and prayed for you on  and off thru the day. I would love to know how it went for you and how you are doing now. All the best and good for you for figuring for what you needed done and asking for it, on his lap or not, you have to do the best you can, as you, are your only true advocate when it comes down to it. I hope you are well and will be more well as time goes on for you.

Linda  

Linda

Marcie and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Marcie...been thinking of you. How did the procedure go and how did you deal with it and how are you feeling!  Inquiring mind want to know. Please share when your up to it and have the time. Be well!

Linda

Marcie reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Ditto to Linda's post!

Stella

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

The procedure went well-- I was not given any meds,  I did very well. No stent needed.  Some issues -  ?????  NOW I have the biggest right arm that is all black and purple--and hurts like hell--so, now they say the stress test that they were SO concerned about-- IT was my stupid boob in the way-- ?????????????? haha..  ? ????????  Like I said "u put me through all of this for a  boob ?? "  "good thing I am not a 40-double d cup anymore--or u would have been doing open heart surgery!!!" Gezzzzzzzzzzzzz...……. kinda pissed off--they got my nerves all tangled.. So, as far as my being tired ?? who the heck knows..  Lyme 5 tests-- 2 said yes the others say no--I am going for the Lyme diease.. = virus.  got to just let it ride huh ?? Now for the M.M. !!!! should start next week-friend going to Mass. for me. It is leagel there.. As I have no time as infusions etc.. Gonna get some for energy!!  (?)  What else can I do?  Don't want all those pills etc.  want something that is natural.. who know maybe a gift from God for me!1  About time I count on him for myself a little---I always pray for others and not me--My turn.. 

Again, I thank you all for your support and kindess.  Love you all..

Linda,, get better soon !! Seems like your turned inside out !! Sending prayers to you at this time.. and until your up and around or close to normal.. (as for me)  but what is normal ?? 

I am on face book--Marcie Shultz-- friend me.. if u want.. best. M.

LK, VeganOstomy and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Topic starter  

AND of course, Nellie leaked side ways--as I was laying down all morning and not up right-- so I had to change her hospital gown into her day dress-haha-- by myself with one arm/hand--  an ostomates worst nightmare!! But I did well-- stayed on for 4 days-- Go figure ? :-)   :-0  

LK and Barbara reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @shulmjs

The procedure went well-- I was not given any meds,  I did very well. No stent needed.

Glad to hear that, Marcie! Hopefully, the thing with your right arm will be addressed soon!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK and Marcie reacted
ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)

Geez Marcie,  every time I think I have hit a new low you do me one better!! We've got to stop this contest and both of us need to get better.  ??  I am glad that you once again seem to be on the mend.  As for me I am slowly making positive progress.  Yesterday I was able to stand and transfer to my wheel chair!! First time I have been upright since last May. I feel 2 steps closer to the front door of rehab on my way out. They made a decision the other day that I will be able to go home to my apartment with 5 hours of home health care 7 days a week.  This makes me happy as they had been talking "group home" which would have been a death sentence for me. Progress is so slow however,  that it often gets discouraging. Well I hope everyone will be well and have happiness.  A good sense of humor and a positive outlook will seer you through. 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Marcie, I too hope your arm gets better soon. You don't want to have to perfect the one arm ostomy change!  Sounds like a challenge. Way to go though. 

Barbara, good to hear you are going home soon. Wow.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Oh, Marcie, having them go as far as they did to find you don't need is stint is a blessing and frustrating. Maybe my boobs are visiting you! lol. You know Marcie, you deal with so much dehydration and anemia and other things...  whatever your heart is doing, I know that even with mine, when I am dehydrated, I get all sorts of palpitations and odd beats and spaces, that concern the living daylights out of me. I know I have a funky rhythm anyways, and I had that Catheter Ablation to the SV node in 96 and was told it may need repeating at some point, but it is still reasonably good, add the fatigue and dehydration and anemia and it messes something fierce with all of it.  Maybe ask your doc if you have not already, if there could be a connection to all of it. Dehydration as you know is a real sucker to deal with and can really mess with you, the fact that you need so much IV Fluids may be a part of it all. Sometimes it is worth it to take all your meds to the doc. and say okay, lets review and take away very slowly what I no longer need to be on and so forth.  It helps him understand just where your at too on the frustration level.  Sometimes being on a medication too long will cause your heart some issues.  I hope they can figure it out real soon. I imagine your arm is sore from the....? What happened there? Was it from the blood pressure cuff during the procedure or was that the side they inserted the catheter on?  Regardless, I hope you figure things out soon.  Be well soon.

Barb...you just keep on going like the energizer bunny rabbit! I am so glad your going home, that has to be such a great feeling.  All the best to you too!

Linda

ReplyQuote