Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Aaddition to the hospital bag  

RSS

Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Reputable Member
19/11/2017 2:32 pm  

I found another thing that I have added to the bag that goes to the hospital with me.  Something that really bugs me during an extended hospital visit is my hair. After a few days there is a hospital smell that it takes on and I can't get away from it. They have tried shampooing (shampoo is the fake stuff real poo can be found in my pouch) my hair. If they have shampoo it is junk and if they don't they have used liquid hand soap (oh horrors). I had my hair done yesterday and my stylist suggested dry shampoo. I had tried it years ago, but it made a bunch of flakey stuff when I brushed it out.  The current stuff you spray on your roots, let it sit for a moment then brush it out.  I tried it, it works, no flakes and no smell.  There is now a can in my bag.  Just a thought.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, poly myalgia, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
19/11/2017 3:50 pm  

Not that I have long hair to try it on, but I've always been intrigued by "dry shampoo". It sounds like a good idea for your hospital survival kit :)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
19/11/2017 4:06 pm  

Alas for me I will never experience the joy of dry shampoo, just me and my face cloth !

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Prominent Member
19/11/2017 6:08 pm  

After my long coma and even longer of 4 months-I asked them to shampoo my hair-so the aid did, left me in bed (as I could not be moved) just left me there with that horror of their shampoo dried in my hair--never mind that fact that my hair was all dried up and knoted- I didn't get a shampoo until I got to the nUrssing home.. I was a mess. Never again their shampoo-just conditioner for me.. just left me with wet head and ecky dried shampoo-Lost 12 inches of hair when I came home..  Conditioner is best!!! IF I HAVE TO.......... 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Reputable Member
20/11/2017 12:00 pm  

The problem with being 68 years old and 6 feet in height is that I look down on a whole lot of bald heads  🖖

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, poly myalgia, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. Enough already!!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
20/11/2017 12:45 pm  

Handy that, saves packing a mirror!!!!! lol

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Reputable Member
20/11/2017 1:46 pm  

Barbara you wouldn't be able to use my head as a mirror Haha I have just enough hair that it doesn't shine ! Ha

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register