Notifications
Clear all

Tips

5 Posts
3 Users
5 Likes
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

This will only apply to the ladies. Hernia belts never fit right for me . I discovered my panty shapers Spanx helped to keep the ostomy appliances stable, in place and comfy! I wore my appliances inside of my panties. Wanted to keep my girliest figure !!!
Kinda wish I thought of this earlier . Check it out. I had my ostomy take down a month ago. So far I am doing ok.

LK and SqueakyandLiza reacted
(@squeakyandliza)

Cyrisse,

Thanks for the tip. Did you have any trouble with the tightness of the spanx causing output to not fall into the bag?  I worry about wearing anything too tight, for that reason. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cyrisse)
Topic starter  

@squeakyandliza

No I did not, guess I was lucky. On active stomach days sometimes I wore it I think. B4 and after the surgeries for my own Peace of mind I always wore a Depends. I have to learn how not to do the Depends with my Spanx. This may sound crazy to most.

LK and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@cyrisse...very awesome tip! Thank you so much! I have worn those stretchy spaghetti strap T- shirts low over my stoma, hips & pouch by cutting the straps & V neck away.  I had no issues with output either. Gravity I guess!! lol!

I was doing a lot of standing & food preserving so needed support for my back. I was surprised how good it felt to wear something snug supporting  my tummy, pouch, hips & back! I wish I had tried this earlier as I was not as tired at the end of the day! I now have 3 designated shirts I wear for this purpose! TQ Walmart specials! lol.

When I  wear a dress I have these undies called "Pantaloons!" rather old fashioned sounding, but they support the pouch, just not as snug as the shirt, and the longer legs help me avoid clammy legs in a dress. Hot flashes were wonderful  for  that! Ugh!  If I'm not mistaking don't they make a tighter ladies Boxer type underwear for women??  I would think they would serve a similar purpose. I'm sure not beyond wearing a men's product if push or cost comes to shove! lol! 

Dona, you swim right? If you don't  mind sharing, how do you find your pouch, stoma & output behave in a swimsuit? What kind do you wear & find most comfy? Our ages are close & as soon as these  CO19 issues are relieved I know where I'm  heading! You have a spare room right??  LOL!!  ????‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️??? lol!  

Linda

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@cyrisse...I'm so glad to hear your doing well since your surgery! You are amazing & very brave for giving a reversal a  try! I think this is very exciting & I hope it continues to get better each day for you!

Continued Best Wishes & keep that girly figure in check eh! You should be proud of this accomplishment & how your body is cooperating for you!! 

Linda

ReplyQuote