Clear all

Osto EZ Vents...

3 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

Hello glen@gregoir! The work those Vents have required from me in the past... have been  made very simple!!  You are my other Hero!!  I have tried many times unsuccessfully to locate the forum in which Glen describes a way to avoid   "scrubbing the shine " of the pouch in order to get an  Osto EZ Vent to adhere securely to the pouch. I can't locate it,  so here we are! lol!  

Glen... if your on the side lines peering in ... please know that I have placed Vents on another 20 pouches and I am thrilled with your suggestion of using a "fine grade sand paper" to remove the shine!! 

Simplifying the suggested  method by the producers of the vent has been a huge goal of mine. I think we have the best method out there! Likely & only because of my arthritic hands, removing the shine with a fine grade sand paper  verses scrubbing it off with a stronger Alcohol which made for 15 or 20 min. of work per pouch, done in less then a min. or so per pouch !! Also, another small issue I had was opening the hole in the centre of the Vent. Melting it open was a better solution then scissors for me, but, I needed my sons help due to shakey hands to accomplish the hole. Accidentally melting  the side of the tiny tube to the vent is not an option & a waste of a vent & pouch. I believe it was also your idea Glen to suggest  using a popsicle stick or tongue depressor to place thru the back hole & between the layers of pouch to melt that little bit of a hole in the plastic. I was able to do this simply without my sons help & I have just completed another 20 pouches with Vents & never has it been so easy or time & energy saving to install the Osto EZ Vent!! 

It goes to show that a meeting of minds is a very good thing! So, Glen, thankyou for your suggestions,  they worked fabulously & I  avoided painful hands for a few days after installing the Osto EZ Vent!!  If anyone has tried these options, or have suggestions, I'd be interested to know your experience. So, again..  THANK YOU GLEN!!! 

Linda

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

"fine grade sand paper" to remove the shine!! 

That's a great suggestion. Thanks for letting us know that Glenn's tip worked for you!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

Thanks Eric! Glenn certainly  deserves the credit! Not just his tip of the sand paper, but also using a popsicle stick was a huge safety tip for me! 

Linda

ReplyQuote