Notifications
Clear all

alignment tip  

lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
Topic starter  

I use a one piece urostomy bag that I apply laying down. Occasionally I apply it not quite perfectly perpendicular . This some times causes issues with support belt lining up with the fasteners on the bag, the belt will then"ride"at an angle all day. I now make a mark on the bag with a Sharpie and a mark on my skin dead center to align it. Has helped a lot.

john68 and LLNorth liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @grw

I now make a mark on the bag with a Sharpie and a mark on my skin dead center to align it.

That's quite brilliant! Glad that works for you! I'll be keeping that in mind if someone is in similar situation. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
Topic starter  

@veganostomy

Thought about tattooing Compass around stoma with N being reference for center of appliance....but not a tattoo person. Always asked by MRI tech if I have tattoo with metallic ink, so not gonna chance starting tattoos 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: @grw

Thought about tattooing Compass around stoma with N being reference for center of appliance

Nooo! The thing with tattoos, especially on an area like your abdomen, is that they will change over time with age and changes in weight. North today might be North East in 10 years ;) 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

lg liked
ReplyQuote
lg
 lg
(@grw)
Registered
Topic starter  

I resemble that idea and agree completely 

ReplyQuote