Notifications
Clear all

That Darned Hole!!

LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
Topic starter  

So...as much as I love the Osto EZ Vents, applying them has not been my favorite chore.  From the start I endeavored to find a quicker, easier way.  The company instructions are to scrub the shine off the pouch with a strong rubbing alcohol for a better sticking on of the vent. Ugh! Way too much work & time if you ask my arthritic shakey hands. Then,  Glen came along with using a fine grain sandpaper to carefully scrub the shine off the pouch. That tip is a time & energy saver to me.  Thank you Sir! 

The next evil of this little precious vent is needing to create the hole in the pouch for the air to release through after its stuck on the pouch.   I've tried the sharp scissors, that too was a big fail for me.  I resorted to heating a piece of coat hanger to melt the hole open, but sometimes also melted the little pipe in the vent too. That can be Costly and reheating from the burner on my electric stove took too long to do 20 pouches. 

The other night after I changed my pouch over I  realized * after * it was on my tummy that I seemed to have missed melting one hole in the 20 pouches I  usually prep in a batch. lol!!  Now what?!!!! While pondering a safer trick then a heated rod melting situation I knew all I needed to do was melt that nasty but useful little hole open & for me, the quicker the better.

*Disclaimer...This should never be done without parental  supervision if you are not of Adult Age.

*This is also not what Eric or VO recommends or the Osto EZ Vent company.

So...I ended up lighting a wooden stick match, "blowing it out" & carefully placing it through the little nozzle to the vent and just like that, the hole melted away without melting anything else, including me!  It was so easy I nearly sang the Haleluhia chorus, but it would have scared my dog!! lol! One match per pouch and it's biodegradable to boot. 

It's just too simple! 

Linda

ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered

I knew you had a little pyromania in you! :mrgreen: 

Sometimes we over think the solution when keep it simple works!

Colostomy Jan 2020

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
Topic starter  

@chrisandbagpus...Funny boy! My hubby was a Fire Fighter, both Residential and Forest where we live...I'm the one running the other way! lol!    

Linda

ReplyQuote