Community Forums

Hollister Drainable Pouch with Clip  

RSS

Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
November 1, 2019 9:40 pm  

Was given a few of these to try. Do use the the Hollister lock and roll.Wondering are these bags with the clip are just thrown away after draining them out ? Having a hard time trying to empty the pouch, you know fumbling around to get it open and rinse it out. Going to the  dollar store too to find some squirt bottles.  I always seem to make things harder than they are.

LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
November 2, 2019 2:39 am  

Hi Cyrisse...I tried the clip bag once and hated it.  I'm Hollister 1 piece, roll and lock with the velcro closure. If you have a bit of air in your bag, you can use that to slowly & carefully press it from the top under and around to the opened end of the bag as it is pointed up and as the air escapes, manipulate the opening in a gentle squeeze to make the mouth stay open  you can open the spout easier.  I use a finger nail sometimes to catch the edge and pull it open that way. Another thing to try, on one side of the opening, (this was Erics remedy) pinch one side  to make a crinkle in it & from then on it will be easier to open with a softer squeeze fro edge to edge.  I am a fumbler with numb finger tips, so just like you I fumble well! I bought a pack of plastic disposable cups from the dollar store & recycle of them once a week or so.  I keep two ready & fill them with water  after every rinse so they are always ready.  When I empty, I pour it in, shake a bit and dump it out towards the front of the toilet bowl, less splashing, 2, one for thinning purposes.  Hold the  opening down the stem a bit and squeeze it to hold it open to pour the water in, using the harder plastic as a collar to sit on your fingers.  A squirt condiment bottle is a good idea too.  It would avoid those times when I know I am too tired and spill water all over me instead of  in the bag.  I also bought one of those three drawer plastic dressers you can get at Walmart, they are about 12' wide and have a flat to top to put my cups and deodorant on and my supplies in the drawers. Put your heavier stuff in the bottom as when the drawers above are open they will be a bit tippy. When we had to evacuate for a fire my son just put the whole thing in the SUV.  Any questions or needing ideas, just ask, there are a lot of  ideas here. We understand the frustrations. All the best.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Cyrisse
(@cyrisse)
Registered
November 2, 2019 5:36 am  

TY for the tips !!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
November 2, 2019 1:35 pm  

Hi Cyrisse,

I also use the Hollister brand, but only the lock and roll closures. I had some samples of the clip things, and they just seemed unnecessarily complex. PLUS easy to drop in the dark and hard to clean if it came to that.

I love the roll ups , and I have never ever had a leak from that end! Good luck .

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
November 4, 2019 12:04 pm  

I'm not a fan of clipped bags and consider them "old technology". The standard clips that come with most bags will be cheap, but you can find better clips from other companies that will last you longer and will be more secure. 

But the lock and roll system on my Hollister bags has been easy and reliable, so I have no need or reason to ever use clips. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register