Community Forums

Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Cleaning pouch with hand held Bidet  

RSS

Dan
 Dan
08/08/2017 11:19 am  

I have previously used a spray bottle to wash out the inside edges of my bag. I recently purchased a "Hand Held Bidet " from Amazon.  I have found this item to be very convenient in cleaning my pouch.  

The Hand Held Bidet is attatched to water intake leading to the toilet tank and the nozzel attaches to either the wall or top of the toilet tank. It provides a constant source of pressurized water that is extremly effective in cleaning out my pouch after emptying.  

The water pressure is controlled through the hand held nozzel as well an adjustable and included part that regulates water flow and attatches to the toilet tank.  

It was well worth the $47.00 cost and is easily installed with the parts provided.

ReplyQuote
Dan
 Dan
13/08/2017 12:28 pm  

Here is a photo of the installed Bidet.   

1502643444-toilet-hand-sprayer.jpg
Edited: 2 months  ago

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
13/08/2017 12:49 pm  

Thanks for posting the photo, Dan! Looks great!

P.S. the image will be rotated... the cache needs to refresh.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Dan
 Dan
13/08/2017 1:29 pm  

Thanks V.O., appreciate the site and your encouragement.

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
Eminent Member
13/08/2017 4:01 pm  

I don't know what the advantage is. I use my sink to rinse out my bag. My sink is next to the toilet that I am sitting on. Afterwards,  I  clean out the sink.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
13/08/2017 4:13 pm  
Posted by: Zvitusk

I don't know what the advantage is. I use my sink to rinse out my bag. My sink is next to the toilet that I am sitting on. Afterwards,  I  clean out the sink.

I don't use a hand sprayer, but I do use a water bottle to rinse my bag out after emptying.

Speed, convenience, hygiene are probably the biggest advantages to using a hand sprayer and/or bottle over the toilet.

ReplyQuote
Dan
 Dan
13/08/2017 10:14 pm  

Hi Zvitusk,

"To each their own", personally I prefer emptying and flushing the contents into a toilet rather than my bathroom sink.  I doubt my family would be happy if I emptied into the sink regardless of how well I cleaned afterwards. 

ReplyQuote
Willy
17/08/2017 10:14 pm  

I think my wife might have a little problem with me dumping in the sink also. Funny, she just asked the other night if I wore my bag in the shower(which I do). I responded, hell yes, do you think I'm crapping in the shower? She said no laughing but was just curious about how I handled things. (truth probably is she thinks I do)  Actually, if we didn't share the same shower, I probably would shower without the bag all the time. I guess you label this as territorial respect.

ReplyQuote
Robert
Trusted Member
14/09/2017 11:37 am  

Ok I'm new and I am seeing the posts about rinsing the bag after emptying . I am just curious . I was rinsing my bag also with a bottle for awhile after surgery but was told doing that cuts down on wear time . Is that not really the truth ? Is it ok to rinse every time ?

Proctocolectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
14/09/2017 3:12 pm  
Posted by: Robert

Is that not really the truth ? Is it ok to rinse every time ?

It has the potential to reduce wear time because liquids tend to penetrate the seal much easier than regular stool - but it really depends. 

I've been rinsing my bag nearly every time I empty (7-9+ times a day) and I've still been able to get 5+ days of wear. 

ReplyQuote
Robert
Trusted Member
14/09/2017 4:29 pm  

Ok I guess its kinda trial and error I will have to try and see . I'm glad to hear you do that with yours so often and get that much wear time . Tells me maybe I'm changing everything to often . I'm learning . Thanks again Bag Master .

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
14/09/2017 4:52 pm  
Posted by: Robert

Ok I guess its kinda trial and error I will have to try and see .

Yes, it is. Experiment and see what results you get.

Good luck! 

ReplyQuote
march12017
17/09/2017 5:13 pm  

I rinse my bag email every time I empty it.  I don't find it shortens the wear time, it removes the pancake part if any.   

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
18/09/2017 12:07 am  
Posted by: march12017

I rinse my bag email every time I empty it.  I don't find it shortens the wear time, it removes the pancake part if any.   

Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear that rinsing has been helpful! 

ReplyQuote
Robert
Trusted Member
19/09/2017 12:03 pm  

Thanks for the info March 12017 and welcome here

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register