Community Forums

Which bag do you use?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

bluesgal
(@bluesgal)
Registered
June 25, 2017 7:05 pm  

I alternate between the Sensura Mio 2 piece click (which I absolutely love, if one can say they "love" their ostomy bag!!!) and the Hollister 2-piece New Image. The Sensura pouch is quiet, quick drying, secure, and you can easily fold it up and attach it to the velcro strip conveniently located under the inspection window (another feature I really like!). But ... I have to alternate between Sensura and Hollister because the adhesive on  the Sensura products gives me fungal infections (or something red and itchy). Right now, I'm experimenting with putting the coloplast skin protector sheet on the back of the Sensura wafer and seeing if that helps alleviate the rash. It's a pain to cut it into strips which one must do if they use a convex wafer like I do, but maybe with time I will develop some kind of system.

I also want to see if I can develop a kind of "hack" which will allow me to use the Hollister wafer with the sensura pouch ... any ideas out there?

ReplyQuote
Gimparoo
(@gimparoo)
Registered
June 25, 2017 7:16 pm  

Have you tried the BBraun Flexima 3S 2 piece system? ....if not, give them a call for samples and see if this makes a difference in the skin issue.  They actually helped me heal from an issue I was having due to an one piece system I was using (not happy with the 1 piece, but was still experimenting). Just a thought...  

Good luck with the experiment all the same.

T11/12 Paraplegic / Colostomate

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
June 26, 2017 12:39 pm  
Posted by: Gimparoo

I have found that using the "Skin Tac" skin barrier wipes gives me a sticky film on my skin for the Sillicone seals to adhere to..  I didn't have much problem before, but these wipes sealed the deal for me!!

I actually have the Skin-Tac wipes, but don't really use them - Maybe I should give them a try! =)

Posted by: bluesgal

I also want to see if I can develop a kind of "hack" which will allow me to use the Hollister wafer with the sensura pouch ... any ideas out there?

I can almost guarantee that someone with a 3d printer could probably design a coupling adapter that could do this!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Gimparoo liked
ReplyQuote
Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered
June 26, 2017 3:59 pm  
Posted by: bluesgal 
But ... I have to alternate between Sensura and Hollister because the adhesive on  the Sensura products gives me fungal infections (or something red and itchy). Right now, I'm experimenting with putting the coloplast skin protector sheet on the back of the Sensura wafer and seeing if that helps alleviate the rash. It's a pain to cut it into strips which one must do if they use a convex wafer like I do, but maybe with time I will develop some kind of system.

You sound like me!  I mix and match until it works for me!

Sensura products give me red itchy fungal rashes also. So I'm am hoping I can learn from you in finding something to help.  I continue to use it because I like them SO much. Strangely, if I put the barrier strips and wafer on right away when changing the rash doesn't develop BUT if I wait or switch products that's when it flares up 🤔  I'm baffled. 

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

48 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015. Joanne

ReplyQuote
Willy
(@willy)
Registered
June 27, 2017 9:17 pm  

I've been using the old Sensura Click not the Mio since day one almost 4 years ago now. I always use the 3M Cavilon skin barrier spray and I change my wafer always on day 4. Never had red itchy problems unless I didn't use the spray. I used to use a barrier paste also and was fine with it but recently found the new Coloplast rings whatever they are called work even better. The other old versions of the barrier ring no matter which brand always seemed to break down to quick as did the barrier strips. Of the old rings the Eakin was the best IMO but even paste worked better for me. I have had very few leaks in my experience, (less than 4 or 5), most were early on while I was getting into a routine. On the other hand I have had a couple of "incidents" that were self imposed failures. I sometimes am involved with work in lifting and moving materials and one time knocked the appliance apart from the wafer while wearing a Stealthbelt, so even the Coloplast lock isn't failsafe. I lived and learned that I couldn't rest or ease heavy product down from chest height without being careful not to hit the "area".

ReplyQuote
Willy
(@willy)
Registered
July 3, 2017 10:44 pm  

I have just been sampling the Sensura Mio 2 piece system with a convex wafer. I am probably in the minority here on this system but I don't like it. There are some very good attributes which I do like but as a complete system, it's not for me. I can see where others may benefit from this so try it out if you can. It's just not right for me.

I like the locking mechanism. It seems even stronger than the one on the Sensura click which I currently use. I like the wafer as it has a nice flexible and comfortable material. It sticks very well. No skin problems but that's just me.

I do not like the filter ring thing in it. The system seems more bulky than than the Sensura click, which made it stick out more. The whole thing just seemed "heavier" to me.

There is definitely a calculated business decision by the manufacturer as to why not to make the bag with the older version fit on the wafer of the new system.   If they tweak the Mio in some aspects I may find it OK but for now I'm sticking with what I have been doing.  

ReplyQuote
Patrick
(@patrick)
Registered
March 23, 2018 1:51 am  

I use convatec #416976 just wish this particular bag came filterless.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register