Community Forums

StomaDome: REVIEW (w/ video)  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 18, 2015 11:00 am  

Let's discuss the StomaDome!

My full review of this product can be found by clicking on the link below.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
Neal
 Neal
(@Neal)
August 21, 2015 1:07 pm  

A possible option to help with the stoma dome sliding around is to apply a strip of Velcro tape over top of the dome (and even a cross pattern) with a corresponding Velcro tape on the inside of the stealth belt, pouch cover or equivalent product. It may help prevent shifting of the dome. A couple of my clients have done this with the Convatec stoma guard as an alternative to wearing the one inch belt over top of the stealth belt or pouch cover. Medical tape is used to hold down the wings of the stoma guard onto the pouch.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 21, 2015 1:12 pm  

Hi Neal, thanks for the tip!

I know that many ostomates are crafty, and find ways of getting certain products to work better for them, so I appreciate the suggestion.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
JAMES MCCARTY
 JAMES MCCARTY
(@JAMES MCCARTY)
March 12, 2019 2:16 pm  

So, I am looking for a guard I can wear in conjunction with stealth belt pro for running. During mild runs I have noticed aggrevation from stealth belt only. Is this a good solution?

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 13, 2019 11:38 am  

I haven't found an adequate hard stoma guard that works well with any horizontal support band. The hybrid StealthBelt is a compromise, as it offers built-in stoma protection.

The problem is that you really can't put a hard guard over the belt - it would have to go inside of it, and that would greatly restrict the flow of output and cause pancaking and/or leaks.

When you say you notice aggravation - do you mean the belt rubs on your stoma or is this happening in other places?

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 14, 2019 12:28 am  

Eric, I found this really interesting, thank you. Your a bit of  dare devil in the park aren't you? Good for you. Not me at all. Anyways, if that pretty young lady behind you is yours, tell her I said she is pretty young lady. So blond! Watch out Eric...she will get older quickly!

I was wondering if the sliding would settle if you placed some velcro dots on the piece that is stuck to your tummy and the material facing it, maybe in three or four places.  Craft stores and sewing stores cell them with sticky behind them and I think that might hold the bag in place allowing the guard to stay put. Have you thought of wearing the guard on a bit of a  sideways direction under the covers you wear? Myself, I would be interested in using this item when I travel, I have made my own seat belt covers with foamy on each side, and this helps for my issues to some degree. When I travel I do not drink as many fluids as I would like and therefore I get a thicker output that wants to ride up before going down. So I think the stoma guard,  if it stayed in one place would be good for kind of forcing the stuff down into the bottom rather then up. What do you think?

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 15, 2019 1:03 pm  
Posted by: LK

I was wondering if the sliding would settle if you placed some velcro dots on the piece that is stuck to your tummy and the material facing it, maybe in three or four places.  C

The problem is that there's no real way to prevent the front face of your ostomy bag from sliding without applying pressure on the face of it (which is how other stoma guards work). 

You may be able to secure the back of your bag with some velcro dots, but the front would still slide. 

If you do end up trying these and you find a way to make them better, please let me know! 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register