Product Overload  

Page 2 / 2 Prev
  RSS

Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
December 12, 2017 8:37 pm  
Posted by: Zeninu

Thank you so much for all of the support and advice. I agree I shouldn't buy everything at once. I realize that there is such individual variations and things may change as things settle down.

I think for now I feel I need some support to hold the flange, as the weight of the bag when it fills feels strange and scary, like it will fall off. I viewed your review of the Nu-comfort ostomy belt and it looks like it will help.

It is great to have such a community forum of people who are experiencing similar things. I have been binge watching all of your videos. Great information!! I feel very grateful.

Thanks again.

Z

https://www.ostomysecrets.com/

Check out this site it sells under garments for men and women . The garments have a built in pouch that supports the bag ( no pulling ) as well as putting a soft barrier between bag and skin . 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 12, 2017 10:25 pm  

Hi bubbles, I checked it out-I did order 1 pair of panties  from them 2 years ago-. and the pocket went east and west/high.. I don't like that--- I wear my pouch north and south-- I just now contacted them about this.. The girl lace shorts are cute huh? Thanks for the info- I lost that.. What do u wear? How do u like the fit? True to size? Do u have the lace?  Is it itchy? :-)??  so on and so on.... Your a great help!! Your a doll!!! hugs. M.

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 12, 2017 10:38 pm  

Hey Robert, I am fine.. Really-- Just got lost their....  I can be an open book sometimes--Sorry everyone..  still love me gang ?????

I had my down confused times and yes, I am smart, got help--learned to control my anxiety-that was the hard part.. The mind over matter thing.. Control.. Worked out well.  Better than pills..  That was so many years ago..  The mind over matter work shop came back when Nellie showed up--So I didn't loose it. :-)  The illness was to much for me to handle and what I went through-not a surprise that one looks at with glee right?  not to worry-I am fine.. people go through worse and not get help--I pray for them.. Hugs to al, Marcie..

p.s. I will open the lounge after my infusion tomorrow.. How's that!! ?????? :-) the fly on the wall has the key and I know where he sleeps.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
December 13, 2017 12:45 am  
Posted by: Marcie

Hi bubbles, I checked it out-I did order 1 pair of panties  from them 2 years ago-. and the pocket went east and west/high.. I don't like that--- I wear my pouch north and south-- I just now contacted them about this.. The girl lace shorts are cute huh? Thanks for the info- I lost that.. What do u wear? How do u like the fit? True to size? Do u have the lace?  Is it itchy? :-)??  so on and so on.... Your a great help!! Your a doll!!! hugs. M.

I wear the " Classic Panty " in cotton . There is always a 20-25 percent off coupon .They also have it in microfiber. The pocket in north to south . I do wear my bag slightly angled like 1  o'clock so pretty close to north / south 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 13, 2017 10:01 am  

Might be a stupid question Eric etc.  Why wear the belt?? Anything.?? and if so ?? WHY?

If we are talking about an accessory belt, like the ones that clip onto the sides of the flange, they are worn to:

• Reduce the weight of an appliance as it gets full. 
  • Keeps two piece appliances snapped together. 
  • Can help prevent leaks caused by the pouch tugging. 
  • Offers pressure when using a convex wafer or barrier ring (note, making the belt too tight will cause problems). 

More details here :  https://www.veganostomy.ca/guide-accessory-belts/

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 13, 2017 4:20 pm  

Thanks Eric, As  I don't have any rolls, fatty areas in my tummy and Nellie is siting like a lady nicely -- maybe I don't need the belt always. Huh??? (just a guess) I do have them and have worn them..  I find that the wafers don't side as my Panties seem to keep her dress her ear rings lopes in good place.  :-) I used to wear the belt to get a smaller waist during the night as I also was tossing much in sleep at first.. But not tight.. 

I think that if I was very active I will and have worn them for this purpose when I am doing gardening, washing windows = spring cleaning which I do in the later months of winter-so I can go play in the good weather.. (note this ladies) -- Do u think that I  am playing fare here?

Also, any complaints of the mio lasting shorter than 3 full days?  speaking on the one piece..?? 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 13, 2017 4:27 pm  

You don't have to use anything unless there's a need, and it doesn't sound like you have a need for the belt ;)

The experience with Mio's are mixed - some people get more than 3 days, some less. If you've been getting longer than 3 days of wear and it's not shorter for some reason, that would be something to troubleshoot. 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 13, 2017 4:32 pm  

Bubbles, Got a reply re: e-mail from them.. said all their panties have the  -east and west pocket.   large pocket.. I wear my Nellies dress a bit slanted as u do also.. I just don't get the engineering mind of mine to accept the fact that a side ways pouch does not leak.. Or it fills up to fast........... ITs hard for me to try different ways as I am always at infusion 3 x week, and I have had my share of woopes leaks there anyway--as of trying a new seal, pouch..  

DO u wear the mio? I use them off and  on and I find that they don't give he a full 3 days.. I piece. Off and on I get a rash with them.. So go back and forth with convetx 2 extra lock 2 piece. The leaks the last few time? don't know how it happened, as I look over the messy pouch wondering what I did wrong of it is the pouch-- (not fun) The seal was still in good condition..  ??????????? M.

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
December 13, 2017 7:58 pm  

Today I almost had a disaster with my Mio 2 piece. I had been dehydrated  (slightly ) and overcompensated. Then got into car to bring food to patients. While,  I was on the highway, going 70,  my bag filled up to the bulging. I had to reach down and loosen it out of my still tidy whitey. This gave me enough to get to my destination. 

Lesson learned,  don't start a trip without checking out the "bag ". It had been caught in the binding, cutting the capacity. 

Manure didn't happen. Yeah.

Until I am sure,  I am using 2 belts for Mio.  I am getting 5-7 days that way. I hate spending time that I don't have to. 

I am using the non-Irish ring that matches the adhesive of the wafer. Eakins melted in 2 days and itched till I could get it off.  Went back to Brava. Sorry Irish. 

Reason I am going on so long is that since the holidays are here,  schedules change and we make mistakes and OOPS.  Please PLAN AHEAD. It is the best way to avoid problems. 

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
December 13, 2017 9:46 pm  

Hi Marcie . I just thought maybe if you had support not for Nellie but for the bag and the weight from it filling up that maybe support might help . I'm just saying I was having leaks and problems but when I started using a convex barrier and the belt for support knock on wood I haven't had a leak or irratation since . But like they say we are all different one shoe doesn't fit all . 

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

VeganOstomy and Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 14, 2017 5:03 am  

Zvitusk, When I started to read yer post I thought oh no don,t tell me he tried to burp the bag with one hand while driving. Yep planning ahead is always best but some times the stoma has a mischievous mind of its own, I have seen me heading out and no output moving and nothing in my pouch. I get into the car and 10 mins later !!!!!!!!! Next time I have slow output or a wee blockage I think I will take the wee man for a drive!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
December 14, 2017 11:17 am  

Bubbles, Got a reply re: e-mail from them.. said all their panties have the  -east and west pocket.   large pocket.. I wear my Nellies dress a bit slanted as u do also.. I just don't get the engineering mind of mine to accept the fact that a side ways pouch does not leak.. Or it fills up to fast........... ITs hard for me to try different ways as I am always at infusion 3 x week, and I have had my share of woopes leaks there anyway--as of trying a new seal, pouch..  

DO u wear the mio? I use them off and  on and I find that they don't give he a full 3 days.. I piece. Off and on I get a rash with them.. So go back and forth with convetx 2 extra lock 2 piece. The leaks the last few time? don't know how it happened, as I look over the messy pouch wondering what I did wrong of it is the pouch-- (not fun) The seal was still in good condition..  ??????????? M.

Sorry I think you might be talking about  another company because mine are not sideways pockets . I use a Hollister New Image and have never had a leak . Knock on wood .

www.ostomysecrets.com 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
December 19, 2017 4:27 pm  

Hey @zeninu , you inspired this article/video:  Dealing with Ostomy Product Overload! (w/ video)

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 19, 2017 5:12 pm  

Hey Eric, I will go as far to say this is the BEST information video that you have put out. We have never had it so good as far as products go, but this can get so confusing. I hope every member reads this and every time a new member joins it the link should be sent to them. Well done sir!1 :-D 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 19, 2017 5:33 pm  

Yes, while the confusing also attacks the "waiting for the other shoe to drop" attitude.. Been there. Please don't go there!!! If u can, please put your stoma area first.. which puts YOU first.  You will find a comfort zone... "YOU"  Somehow, there is a relaxing form within yourself and mind.. It is NOT selfish.. You/we just need a time out from others around us. Because we are a bit different at times, While trying different products, try reading a book of YOUR interests. other than ostomy.. Because you/we are trying to relax during this time.. Mind over matter? yes, But it depends on the book your reading..  :-) 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
December 19, 2017 7:57 pm  

Hey John, Like trying to get your baby to sleep huh?  There were times when I said to my babies, or 2 year olds," I will put u in the car and drive to Maine and back--YOU will take a nap!!" One of us or both is ready for a nap!!!!!!!!!!! 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 20, 2017 1:23 pm  

Hi All, Have just watched the Product Overload Video again, its all so true, Our Stoma is giving us the freedom to live a normal life but if we get too wrapped up in should I be doing this or wearing that it will consume our life. If we spend all day worrying that the pouch will leak or will some one notice my pouch its defeating the purpose of it being their. Any one that's facing surgery or new ostomate I can tell you it will get to the point at times you will forget its even their!! Even when it springs a leak it does not mean you need to switch to another appliance, just think why did that happen the cause may be simple. We don,t take a table to prevent a headache we do it when we have one.

Robert and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
December 20, 2017 1:27 pm  

Ps can I just add, tables ain,t any use for headaches, just take a tablet instead lol

Robert and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2 Prev
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register