Community Forums

Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Perma-Type  

RSS

Tom Duerr
20/10/2017 8:04 am  

Has anyone tried this product(Perma-Type)? They do not have samples and when I contacted them, the person I talked to was not very knowledgeable. I have problems using a hydrocolloid wafer and thought this may be a solution.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
20/10/2017 1:04 pm  

I haven't used their products, but I'd be very interested in knowing how well it works. 

When I have more time for testing, I may request samples to see how they work - from what I understand, you need to use a skin bonding cement for these appliances, right?

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Tom Duerr
20/10/2017 3:39 pm  

It is my understanding that they are made of a rubber like product and it requires some kind of adhesive be applied to the wafer before putting it on and then some kind of desolving agent to take the old adhesive off. They are sending more info.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
20/10/2017 3:52 pm  

Yeah, that's what I suspect. 

I will, at some point, test these products out :) I have to make sure that I'm not doing anything too important for a few weeks as I like to test products for an extended period of time before writing a review. 

If you try them before I do, let us know how it goes.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Marcie
Honorable Member
21/10/2017 8:16 pm  

Tom, sounds like a lot of messing going on with that product. Never mind time spent.  Hope you have tough skin!  But if your having problems, and in need, I hope all goes well.. 

I am in the U.S.A.-never heard of that product.. Good luck..

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register