Notifications
Clear all

Ostobuddy app being discontinued!

tim
 tim
(@tim)
Registered
Topic starter  

I just opened my ostobuddy app on my phone to record a usage of supplies, and saw a notice that it's being removed from the store and being discontinued!

It's explained on their site: ostobuddy.com

To be blatent, this really sucks! I use it all the time for recording my supplies usage and knowing when I need to order new supplies.

If anyone knows what can be done to help this app stay, please contact the developer! I know nothing about how to develop or keep an app going.

Bill Bell
(@bago)
Registered

I too, got this message yesterday.  I sent an email to Hollister who supplies most of my pouching supplies and told them that their marketing department should either fund the project or buy it out.  They could put ads on it or whatever and keep the site up.

I have used OstoBuddy for 5 years and will miss it.  Without it, I'll put a date in Google calendar and have it repeat every 3 or 4 days to remind me of my upcoming changes.

I can see why the backer is closing the app and system.  He isn't getting any funding to run it.  Much like Eric runs this site for us with minimal help from us.

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Disappointing news for sure. 

Just so you know, I've reached out to the developer and he asked me to tell you all that he's working on a plan. 

I'll keep you all posted if any other news comes out, but I'm sure the website/app will notify you of any plans moving forward.

🤞

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
tim
 tim
(@tim)
Registered
Topic starter  

I'd gladly purchase the app. Maybe the developer could go in that direction.

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered

the app should continue to operate.   have apps on old phones that I used only as hand held computers, these phones have been offline for years, all the apps still work (Andriod).

ReplyQuote