Clear all

Nozzle attachment for the EZ-Vent

tim
 tim
(@tim)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

I made a 3d printable nozzle attachment that fits the EZ-vent perfectly. It can be glued onto a water bottle of your choice.

Here's some pics and the .stl file for people, to be used to rinse out the bag during emptying just like here:
https://www.veganostomy.ca/ez_vent_irrigation/

1637033622-Screen-Shot-11-05-21-at-1153-PM.jpg

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Thanks for posting this,  Tim! I know that the bottle I use hasn't been easy for others to get, so this opens up more possibilities. 

For those who don't have a 3d printer, see if your local library does and you'll likely be able to get this printed for pennies. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered

Thank you Tim!  As a longtime EZ vent user I am shopping around trying to find a bottle to fit. The 3-D printer sci-fi stuff baffles my old mind lol. I have always rinsed pouches with my bidet toilet attachment but can see this being handy at times. Wish me luck with my search!

51 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015.

ReplyQuote
polgyver
(@polgyver)
Registered

I am just curious what percentage of ostomates practices rinsing their pouches.

On July 26 2020 I made a post, describing my invention - which I named Long, Wide Flat Ostomy Vent. It works very well as an anti-balooning device, but ALSO as a useful rinsing device - by using simple funnel, allowing to flush big bottle of water in a few seconds through the pouch. Without complicated attachments to tiny input of E-Z Vent, which I consider much inferior to my design. And much more expensive, too...I feel disappointed that my offers of free samples of my Vent did not get any contacts...

Regards, polgyver (East Scarborough)

Colostomy April 2016

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@jattzl ...have you considered the small bottles used in decorating cookies & cakes with a * flooded icing technique. The bottles are about 3 or 4 inches tall, about 1 inch approx. round  & the tips very pointed to cut to length. I just got several in one pack at the $ama store. You may be able to use the cap on a bigger squishable bottle such as refillable condiment bottle or ???. Check out your specialty cake decorating  supplies also. A Company such as "Wilton Cake Decorating Supplies" may have something for you.  I used to decorate wedding cakes & I do, pun intended hehe,  appologize for not thinking of them before this. Let us know if you find something satifactory if you don't mind. 

Linda

Jattzl liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@polgyver ...I have rinsed from day one but I have an Ileostomy & rarely deal with thick output. To rinse away from home I carry one of those 1/2 size Gingerale bottles with me & fill it before going in a cubicle. 

Tim... may I ask what it costs to make one of those, do not feel pressured to answer that, I'm just curious. Is it possible to make the Osto EZ Vents as well? 

Linda

ReplyQuote
Jattzl
(@jattzl)
Registered

@dlkfiretruck thank you Linda!!  I am shopping today and will look for them!  @Tim was kind enough to send me a sample of his nozzle so I am really anxious to use it!  

51 years Type 1 Diabetes, insulin pump, CGM, neurological complications, retinopathy, and autoimmune CIDP. Nerve damage led to ileostomy in 1/2015.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
tim
 tim
(@tim)
Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

@polgyver I totally agree with you, you need to be awake to vent the ballooning normally. I'd love to try your vent system. I'm in Canada as well, so just private message me.

@dlkfiretruck The cost to print is really the time, and dealing with any printing problems, like clogging or if the print doesnt want to stick to the printbed, the usual things.
I'd only want shipping cost, which is about $8 US ($6 CAN), but waiting to see how @jattz makes out to be sure someone other than me likes it. Then I plan to spend an afternoon and print a bunch and let it be known on here about being ready to send them out to people.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

@tim  ...Wow! Good for you! I think the only other issue with the e z vent would be locating the double sided sticky washer ring that keeps it on the pouch. Hmmm, double sided tape on a hand cut white felt circle...I wonder if that would work applied to both sides then onto the vent? Does duct tape come double sided??  Are you in the States??  Do you need  pattern to print the Vents & what about copy right laws?   But I guess like a good recipe,  changing one ingredient makes it yours & brand shiney & new. 

Linda

ReplyQuote
tim
 tim
(@tim)
Registered
Topic starter  

@dlkfiretruck Hi, sorry I just meant for the nozzle as seen in the original post. Not the EZ-vent itself.

LK liked
ReplyQuote