Community Forums

Coloplast Brava Protective Rings: REVIEW (w/ video)  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 27, 2018 2:58 pm  

Good luck! I hope they work well for you, or at least better than the eakin rings.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Valerie Hennessy
 Valerie Hennessy
(@Valerie Hennessy)
July 31, 2018 1:54 am  

I was very excited about trying Trio Siltac. Unfortunately, I had two catastrophic failures in the same evening. Then I tried the Brava protective seal, which I am still trying. So far I have had good results, but I haven't gone past 4 days yet. This week I will let it go 5 days and see how it works. I have had minor erosion, but not any more than normal when I was using stomahesive strips. I have had an ileostomy for 32 years and have been experimenting with some of the newer products and so far I am happy with the results.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 1, 2018 3:34 pm  

Hi Valerie,

That's disappointing to hear that the Trio Siltac did not work for you. 

I'm glad that you're getting better wear time with the Brava Protective Rings, however, it's not imperative that you get super-long wear time, either. 

If your skin looks good and you aren't having leaks, accept four days! While we would all love to have seven-day wear, it's not always realistic. 

Best of luck!

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
August 1, 2018 4:22 pm  

4 days is a good run . Skin quality is most important. Sometimes stretching days out will cause irratation  . Just not worth getting oozing skin . I also use the Bravo Protective Seal . Love them . 

Bubbles 

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
August 1, 2018 4:57 pm  

Hi All, I would echo what has been said, having good skin is every thing, A well built house sits on a good foundation!!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 2, 2018 12:27 am  

I watch that little edge around the mouth of the stoma well. I start thinking change at three days wear. And, a change when the seal seems to swell to about a 1/4 inch in anymore usually ends up in a leak.  Seven days would be amazing, but then I would likely wake up with a broken damn and a ring of fire. Does wearing the ring mean a longer wear?  Less leaks? Leaks was the reason I had tried them.  I just find them too sticky. How do you ever get those things off in good time without sleepy legs??? I did just receive my first bottle of adhesive remover spray today and am wondering if that makes a difference in the removal of the ring? Eric, I noticed in your video that use use a packaged gauze to clean up with.  Is that important, or just choice and if so, may I ask why?

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Bubbles
(@bubbles)
Registered
August 2, 2018 3:50 pm  
Posted by: Linda Knelsen

I watch that little edge around the mouth of the stoma well. I start thinking change at three days wear. And, a change when the seal seems to swell to about a 1/4 inch in anymore usually ends up in a leak.  Seven days would be amazing, but then I would likely wake up with a broken damn and a ring of fire. Does wearing the ring mean a longer wear?  Less leaks? Leaks was the reason I had tried them.  I just find them too sticky. How do you ever get those things off in good time without sleepy legs??? I did just receive my first bottle of adhesive remover spray today and am wondering if that makes a difference in the removal of the ring? Eric, I noticed in your video that use use a packaged gauze to clean up with.  Is that important, or just choice and if so, may I ask why?

Linda

The Brava Protective seals come off easier than the Elkin ring . Elkins melt onto skin . Spray adhesive is wonderful. Spray corner of wafer then pulse spray as you lift wafer away . Really saves your skin . Then give a spray to remove any residual adhesive. I also use square gause . I find it softer on the skin . Try the Brava spray adhesive remover its fantastic .

ReplyQuote
JOAN JOHNSON
 JOAN JOHNSON
(@JOAN JOHNSON)
March 9, 2019 2:26 pm  

They contain silicone, which I am HIGHLY allergic to, causing blistering oozing sores on my skin that begin with intense itching. I used only 2 sample rings sent to me by Coloplast, and within 36 hours had skin irritation even beyond my Ostomy adhesive appliance. This is also true of some sealing pastes. So, with the help of my Ostomy nurse, I am searching for an alternative to messy pastes that leave a residue and are hard to work with, and any barrier ring that contains silicone. My silicone allergy was my biggest concern before deciding to go ahead with the Colostomy surgery.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 9, 2019 2:35 pm  
Posted by: JOAN JOHNSON

So, with the help of my Ostomy nurse, I am searching for an alternative to messy pastes that leave a residue and are hard to work with, and any barrier ring that contains silicone. 

Joan, please let us know what products you find that end up working for you. Silicone allergies are quite rate, but I'm sure there are others who would benefit from knowing what's worked for you. 

Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register