Community Forums

And a little more i...

Notifications
Clear all

And a little more info about the Stomico wafer cutter tool...

9 Posts
5 Users
8 Likes
(@raspout66)
Topic starter  

Using Stomico Ostomy Pliers. Easy. Fast. Effective

Measure the stoma to determine the Cutting Disc size required.
(Use the measuring rule as shown.)

Screw the Cutting Disc onto the Pliers. Position the Cutting Disc on the skin barrier/wafer, with the cutting edge against the wafer material not the adhesive cover, squeeze and slightly twist so the Cutting Disc clips out a neat hole with clean edges. Sometimes the cut is clean, but the adhesive cover does not cut. Simply peel the cut section from the wafer.

Attach the skin barrier and replace the pouch.

1596728146-B040F033-D9EB-4D7B-96E4-0741D529F29B.jpeg

Bill Bell
(@bago)

After I had a stoma for about 6 months and determined that it was not changing, I started using pre-cut wafers.  I use a 1" pre-cut and a Bravia Seal and never have problems.  Sure beats cutting the wafer every time I change.  I wonder what I do with that 3 or 4 minutes that I save?? :-D 

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

VeganOstomy and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

@raspout66 How long have you used this product for? I'm curious to know if the blade gets dull over time (and if so, how quickly?). 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@raspout66)
Topic starter  

@bago I don’t get your post...You don’t need one? Fine. Neither do I. But for those millions people who use cut-to-fit wafers it might be interesting. And - surprise! - pre-cut wafers come in certain sizes THAT DON’T FIT THE STOMA SIZE OR NEEDS OF MANY PEOPLE. Guess what... that’s why companies sell A TON of the-cut-to-fit! Franky your post is a bit idiotic. If a per-cut fits you, OF COURSE you don’t need a cutter...and could you tell me all of the makers that sell 22mm pre-cut, which I use? None, except some Hollister models... Oh, and what about those who need oval holes? Or those who use 1 piece wafers? Thanks for your genius post anyway... but you are not ALONE on this planet...

ReplyQuote
(@raspout66)
Topic starter  

@veganostomy the blades are pretty sturdy from what I know but are replaceable anyway...

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

@raspout66 I don't believe @bago was trying to be rude or disrespectful. I'd rather not argue this point as I do believe that there are many preferences among ostomates and no option is right for everyone. 

Let's all keep it civil. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandbagpus)

I find the coloplast ostomy scissors more than adequate the curve blades help in shaping the cut out. In my opinion it doesn't take that long. also using a print out of a photo helps to make a perfect shape cut out. 

For someone with dexterity difficulties this product might be just the solution they need good to see companies trying to develop new products, I think we need more innovation in ostomy products. Nice one raspout66

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote
(@dogtalkerer)

37 seconds. out of curiosity, I cut a 1 piece opening.  I do have Coloplast scissors, but I've found 3inch straight blade scissors work just as well for a colostomy.

I can use pre-cuts, but cut- to- fit bags sits more flat against the body.

ReplyQuote
(@chrisandbagpus)

Posted by: @bago

After I had a stoma for about 6 months and determined that it was not changing, I started using pre-cut wafers.  I use a 1" pre-cut and a Bravia Seal and never have problems.  Sure beats cutting the wafer every time I change.  I wonder what I do with that 3 or 4 minutes that I save?? :-D 

A rough calculation since your Op it is a saving of 1 day :-| 

Now what can we do with a extra day?

Colostomy Jan 2020

ReplyQuote