Community Forums

New Ostomate from UK  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 2, 2019 10:35 am  

Tony - you are an inspiration.  I never thought I would get involved with a forum, but we will need support, help, advice, let off steam and sometimes I think it is easier to share our darkest thoughts and worries with people we do not know but share so many similarities with.

Joining this forum has been very therapeutic - one of the best things I've done since February 2019.

All the best

Caroline 

C S Kisby

ReplyQuote
pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 2, 2019 10:40 am  

Hi LL

Glad to hear you're making good progress and for making a year milestone,  it is a steep learning curve but our local NHS is very support and advice, etc is second to known and now I have discovered VO and all the amazing Ostomates here I know I have even more helpful advice.

Best wishes

Caroline

C S Kisby

LLNorth liked
ReplyQuote
pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 2, 2019 10:42 am  

Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Can't praise this site highly enough, the video, diet advice, product reviews and more all in one great place.  You are amazing.  Thank you.  

C S Kisby

ReplyQuote
pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 2, 2019 10:45 am  

I love the videos, so practical and having written content to refer to just completes the package.

Caroline

C S Kisby

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
May 2, 2019 10:55 am  

WE r family here..  Wrap yourself within us, and I am sure that u will have much advise for us and the new-b's-  Sooner than u think.. 

Remember, you r number ONE while you make your adjustments and full recovery. That my friend, is the KEY to success !!

Pink-- if you want-- go to members and u can click on to any member and read what we wrote about our life and what and why we became an ostomate.  better than people writing these issues every time when they reply-- This is a good way to get to know us better. We r  family here, and this is a good way to know our NEW  family.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
May 5, 2019 12:28 pm  

Hi Pink and welcome,

Sounds like you are doing really well. I am happy you found Eric's site! This is the best. Help and give help. And now, you can put energy into getting better.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
May 5, 2019 6:55 pm  

Hi Pink...I make a practice of reading all Eric writes after seeing his videos. It helps to sink it in a little deeper and I often find that I have still learned something new from Eric be it printed or videos. He obviously thought this whole site through from start to finish very thoroughly and I hope he is accomplishing what he started out to do. Without this site, it was all trial and error for me until I was finally able to confirm something I had done right because of his Videos, his openness, honesty, his story, and true desire to save someone the trials he has gone thru and to make this a better journey for anyone who has or is facing these matters, encouraging and teaching us along the way as well. Thank you Eric!!!

Linda

IleosTony liked
ReplyQuote
pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 11, 2019 11:12 am  

Linda,

I love the way Eric has the video and then the text makes it easy to read through. Similar to you I like to read through and refresh.  I'm so pleased I stumbled upon this website,  it's amazing.

C

C S Kisby

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
pink alpaca
(@pink-alpaca)
Registered
May 11, 2019 11:14 am  

Thanks, Dona,

This site is amazing, lots of useful advice and tips all in one handy place.  Everyone is really friendly, fantastic community.

Caroline

C S Kisby

LK liked
ReplyQuote
IleosTony
(@ileostony)
Registered
May 11, 2019 11:23 am  

You make a significant point, Caroline. Eric, your habit of providing the video as well as a text version of your article actually complies with accessibility standards and principles. Perhaps that wasn't your explicit intent, but the effect is that people who might not be able to see or hear have full access to your content. One of the principles of accessibility, ironically, is that multiple forms of the same content created for the purpose of granting access to said content to those with sensory or other deficits ultimately helps everyone regardless of disability status by providing a multimedia experience that aids in conveying the information more effectively for more people.

Eric, you're simply awesome.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

VeganOstomy and LK liked
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Please Login or Register