Community Forums

Hello Ostomates  

RSS

Rory Taylor
(@arecapp)
Registered
January 2, 2018 10:34 pm  

Hi My name is Rory. Ive had an Ostomy for a Couple of years. Its my second time having one. I have Crohns. I feel much better now. I stay pretty active and work at home here in Denver, CO. When i lived in Florida, I think the Heat and Moisture irritated my skin. But here in Denver the Dryer Climate seems to make this better. 

Ive been using Convatec Products Pretty much. The Hollister Brand does not seem to hold up as good. It has taken some time, but im finally getting use to the Ostomy and think i've figured out how to get it put on right. I like the "Slim" Rings. They seem to help also.

Robert and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
January 2, 2018 11:42 pm  

Welcome to the forums, Rory!

Thanks for sharing your experience, too. Looking forward to reading more about your ostomy life 😀

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
January 3, 2018 12:14 am  

Hi Rory, 

I spent 2 years in Denver back in the Seventies. Beautiful country.  Gorgeous mountains. Clear Sky. Clean air. Though the stockyards stank when the wind shifted. Memories. Mile high Denver. 

I recall a snow that dumped a foot and yet when the sun came out,  it all disappeared in a day.

Which part of the state do you live in? Give us a short tour,  please.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
January 3, 2018 4:35 am  

Hi Rory, Great to see another new member, don,t be shy asking questions and look forward to more from you

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
January 3, 2018 11:56 am  

Hey Rory . Some people get used to it quicker than others had mine a little over a year now still a little of an adjustment but getting better at it all the time and you will too . Like John said ask questions tell us your story we all learn from each other .

Welcome to the group !

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Registered
January 4, 2018 1:56 pm  

HI Rory, Welcome.. (feel like your at an AA meeting?) Your not.. :-) We all learn much from each other with our stoma.. Along with  the fact we learn about each other and lives and where we live etc.  So, take us on a ride through your state, but most of all your story about you and what u named your stoma.. Mine is (whoooooooa (singing) Nellie)  She sings all through grace.........during holiday dinners when we have the family and friends together.. :-) I am in upper Ct. and as we speak, having a mighty snow storm, so far 10 inches....... --If you wish to learn more about us--go to members---and u can read what we went through and why-and from there? you can ask questions of sorts if you are or ever find yourself into a area of such -- we can help you.. Eric has so many interesting subjects that he really covers everything.. And if questions? we can ask him and he can direct us--If we don't quite get it??? I am one.. huh" and as always we chime in too........ Eric has been a God to e never mind this blog....... I thought I was all alone.. but? NO!!!  We are a great family here........  I even met a lady that lives 20 minutes from me.. on the blog..  May have lunch together next Tuesday-but snow again ????   Between our Doctor appointments, and the weather?? Who knows.. But we will  find a place to chow down and meet........... :-)  -- We decided on a place--just got to get the weather etc. straightened out.. Marcie........... 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register