Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Hello and Merry CHristmas  

RSS

Sami10
(@sami10)
24/12/2017 10:12 am  

Hi, I'm Jackie a newbie here..  sami is simply an online nickname..  I had emergency surgery 11/10/16.. never been sick, no previous problems, just got constapatied and colon ruptured.. went septic.. have very little memory still..  spent a bit over 3 months in 2 hospitals and a few weeks in a nursinghome relearning to function .. I am doing better finally.. oh, I am a 68 yr young mom, grandma and great grandma..  still cant do lots of things I would like to but dont deal with with changes on my own away from home..  

Having a time this year deciding what to do tomorrow.. really want to just stay home with my significant other.. but my kids can be a pain. and want me to go there 1 1/2 hrs away.. 

well.. looking forward to getting to know everyone

Huggles

Jackie

john68 and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
24/12/2017 1:35 pm  

Hi Jackie!

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. 

Emergency surgeries are difficult to unpack and understand, but I hope that you adjust quickly!

I hope your holidays don't involve too much running around ;) 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Honorable Member
24/12/2017 2:03 pm  

Hello Jackie. Great to hear yer doing better, have a good holiday.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)
Noble Member
24/12/2017 2:54 pm  

Hi Jackie !! I was sick like you also-- The nursing home was one step to my home sweet home.. Was nice to get out of ICE and CCU.. comma, etc.  Memory? That my friend, wil come back and in a few years the shock of it will become calmer.. Trust me.. I was angry for a few years.. THis blog will help you witht hat.. wish I had this ... You will be fine..

The kids?  If they can't understand that your sick and weak, though!!  stay home.. YOU come first.. You have come a long way to get where your at now, DO NOT go backwards... That will just be a repeat of your struggles s far.. Don't want to go there do you? Trust me we all have done that..  Tell them like many others have done, A family get together at your home and they bring all the foods etc. and clean up -- during the summer, so u can enjoy your grandkids.. They're proberly trying to be nice and thoughtful, but no one knows what your dealing with.. and at this point neither do you..  Rest is the key future for you from now on.. In any event, hope your holidays will be one of much joy, and restful.....  Next year will be better........ :-) Best regards, Marcie.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Reputable Member
24/12/2017 3:28 pm  

Welcome Jackie (Sami10) to the group . Sorry to hear about your problem but also glad you are feeling better . If you decide to travel for the Holiday do it safely . And Have a Merry Christmas .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
bluechrcome100
(@bluechrcome100)
24/12/2017 4:56 pm  

Hi Jackie

Welcome to the forum and nice to hear you are on the way back to good health.

Have a wonderful time over Christmas.

Best wishes

Nigel

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Reputable Member
24/12/2017 5:00 pm  

Welcome to the forums , Jackie and Nigel.

I hope you two are promises of things to come wth more people joining the conversation here. In so many ways, 'the more the merrier'.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
happy_day
(@happy_day)
24/12/2017 9:35 pm  
Posted by: VeganOstomy

Hi Jackie!

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story. 

Emergency surgeries are difficult to unpack and understand, but I hope that you adjust quickly!

I hope your holidays don't involve too much running around ;) 

Welcome Jackie! Speaking of surgery, I just sent you (Eric) off an e-mail a few hours ago with a few semi-personal questions regarding 'em. You're probably busy with your family, being Xmas Eve and all. So take your time! 

Tomorrow, we're celebrating the birth of the Son of Our Father, who art in heaven. I'm excited!

Edited: 4 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register