8 Posts
6 Users
13 Likes
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

I just came across this on Twitter a short while ago. Somehow I don't think Eric would plug himself like this, so I thought I would go ahead and do it for him. It's an episode of the About IBD podcast on which he is a guest and discusses his experience with alternative treatments for Crohn’s.Listen and enjoy.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

VeganOstomy, SqueakyandLiza, john68 and 2 people reacted
(@squeakyandliza)

Thanks Tony!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK and Tony reacted
ReplyQuote
Lynne
(@lynne)

Thanks for sharing that Tony.  And Eric thanks for being so open with your experiences as a way to help others.  I'm curious Eric if you don't mind me asking, do you do anything right now to prevent your Crohns from coming back into your small intestine or other extraintestinal Crohns manifestations?  If you had a scope, or calprotectin test and your doc said you have inflammation, would you go straight to biologic drugs?  Or if a doc said you should be on a biologic "preventatively? "Crohns is a difficult disease because even docs will admit there is no silver bullet and most will say even if you start one biologic, it will for sure stop working at some point.  It's understandable why those who have had Crohns themselves and seem to have healed (ie Jini from Listentoyourgut - not asking you to comment on that but I believe that she did have success in her own situation) can attract others with stories of their success.  Thanks for anything you can share!

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Hey Tony, thank you  for posting that podcast.  I really enjoyed listening to it! 

Eric, thank you also for being so willing to share your life and your experiences with us thru VO.  I know,  like so many others here, I sure appreciate  you! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

@veganostomy

Eric, you did such a great job on this podcast!!  You are very poised and articulate, and obviously very knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to listen to. 

Don’t be humble about sharing things like this. We respect and support you and like to hear when you are doing things like this. ?

Tony-Thanks again for sharing the link. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

@ileostony

Thanks for sharing this. Recording that podcast with Amber was such a blast, especially considering we recorded it face to face in Chicago! 

Posted by: @lynne

I'm curious Eric if you don't mind me asking, do you do anything right now to prevent your Crohns from coming back into your small intestine or other extraintestinal Crohns manifestations?  If you had a scope, or calprotectin test and your doc said you have inflammation, would you go straight to biologic drugs?

Apart from taking care of myself through a healthy diet and healthy lifestyle choices, I'm on no medication and haven't been asked to be on any medication by my doctor. Considering my disease was nonresponsive to meds, it likely wouldn't help anyway.

If my doctor discovered that Crohn's is back and I had the means to cover the costs, I would go on biologics. All the research since my diagnosis has moved towards biologics being the best chance for long term success, and the sooner it happens the better. If I were to go on something, it would have to have to be a different type of biologic, perhaps one that more specifically targets the GI.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Tony and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
Lynne
(@lynne)

Thanks Eric 

ReplyQuote
glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)

Nice, Eric!

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)
Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

ReplyQuote