Community Forums

What's in the futur...

Notifications
Clear all

What's in the future for ostomy appliances?

6 Posts
4 Users
8 Likes
 lg
(@grw)
Topic starter  

Just wondering if anyone has any info on what changes for the future are out there ? Things have progressed with designs, adhesion, flexibility, etc but I'm sure things will continue to progress. Thanks! Happy Valentines Day!

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Progress will always be made, but it's slow. 

Most companies keep these things a secret, but sometimes you find gems doing a patent search ?

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

An ostomy nurse showed me an example of the wafer I started out with in 94, I always liked it but in comparison to the wafer I use now it was like a piece of wood. Who knows what will be round the corner 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

This is a very little thing, but I was talking to the coloplast rep the other day about some samples my ostomy nurse asked them to send me. He asked if I wanted one of their belts. Coloplast has their own belts specially made for their bags with 2 loops on each side. I told him I had tried one, but it kept coming undone from the various loops. He said that is a pretty common complaint and they are working on new belts that will fix the problem. He said they will probably be ready in a month or two.  ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

What I would suggest for anyone looking for improvements to products is to make sure the manufacturers know! Sometimes, change doesn't happen because manufacturers aren't getting feedback on what people want to see. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Posted by: @veganostomy

What I would suggest for anyone looking for improvements to products is to make sure the manufacturers know! Sometimes, change doesn't happen because manufacturers aren't getting feedback on what people want to see. 

That’s very true, I recently tried out the TRE seal from Dansac which I loved. I sent an email to say how I liked and what I thought the advantages where, I was contacted by a rep from the company who had some more questions. She said feed back is something they rarely get and it’s much appreciated.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote