Community Forums

Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

UOAA Convention, California, ...  

RSS

AlexeiWolfeUSA
07/08/2017 3:35 am  

Hi, I am new to this particular forum and am wondering if  there will be others in my age group..20s - 30s , attending the UOAA Convention coming up in California later this month...???

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
07/08/2017 11:17 am  

Welcome to the forums! I wish I could attend that convention, but I'm sure there will be many people in that age group attending. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
AlexeiWolfeUSA
08/08/2017 10:38 am  

Hi, Thanks for the reply Eric...Yes, had surgery about a year ago, they removed my Kock  Pouch as the local surgeons did not know how to repair the valve.. Currently, have a difficult to manage loop ileo...Further surgery is planned for this fall or winter to either repair ileo or rebuild new kock pouch. I meanwhile, had heard about upcoming uoaa convention, I believe they happen every two years, so I was looking forward to attending this one but am trying to ascertain as to if there will be many others in my age range..as you mentioned, I suppose there may be, and that makes me want to attend, along with all of the educational seminars and info about products, surgery and such which will be available at the convention. Again, thanks for reply, also, your online forum is great and provides a lot of good info, it is very appreciated..Sincerely, Alexei

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
08/08/2017 10:42 am  

That conference is aimed at helping patients, so it's a great one to be at.  Other conferences (like the ones I've been to) are geared towards healthcare professionals and it's not easy to walk away with new skills after those (most of the science goes over my head).

Good luck with your future surgery - sometimes starting over is the best way to deal with things over the long-term. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register