Smelly  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

ChrisandBagpus
(@chrisandbagpus)
Registered
September 20, 2020 7:08 am  

It was a bit tongue in cheek comment of food smells :mrgreen: 

In the chart its interesting that metalised film has a much lower oxygen permeability. If that's like the anti-static bag that electronics coming they are also very slippery. I also remember seeing a company doing a coating product that completely broke the surface tension of liquid making things like phone amazingly self cleaning, also window glass can have a self cleaning coating.

Something like that would solve the odur and pancaking problems.

The only thing is any medical product will have to go through like 10 years testing before it can be approved unless its a vaccine for covid!

Colostomy Jan 2020

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
September 20, 2020 8:08 am  

@sjlovestosing and Rick... there is one factor that is not being discussed here &  that's ...TIME!  How long do you or anyone with a pouch, leave  output in your pouch?

""  TIME  ""  I'm pretty sure  is a factor to odour as well.  For myself, as soon as I am aware there  is enough  output to warrant emptying in the pouch, I'm off to the bathroom to make a deposit in the big white  porcelain bowl!  I  empty, rinse once, scrub the sides together, rinse a 2nd  time,  a 3rd if I deem need be, then I add the deoderant of choice, scrub that around the insides of the pouch ,  dry the outside of  the pouch mouth with a few squares of toilet tissue wrapped around my index finger,  then the inside  making sure I get the seam edges and under the little plastic flaps , add the deoderant of choice & scrub that around also, getting the built in vent area too. Close it up, wash my hands & I'm out of there.  Plus what I do at the end of the day routine & during the day if need be, as well as always cleaning any little thing the Osto EZ Vent may collect in opening  & closing it, as in my first  response above, This is my " pouch hygiene " routine.

I'm sure that emptying in a       " timely "  manner is a factor to odours as well.  Same with a leak. The longer a leak sits on the skin, the more "damage" the acid in output will do to it.  Changing a pouch every 3 days  even 5 days, and following a good pouch hygienic routine that works for you is to be considered too. Not to worry stella ...I believe you have this in the bag and fully under control.  

Linda

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
September 20, 2020 9:05 am  

@chrisandbagpus....tongue in cheek is appropriate! I have been known to say if an onion odour can not be detected when it is foil wrapped, something I have always done,  perhaps we need foiled bags!!!  

Linda

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
September 21, 2020 4:15 pm  

TIME is and has been a major topic of this entire thread, it starts in the 2nd sentence of the first post and in my first post, then continues on.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2