Clear all

New developments

4 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Jillian
(@jillian)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone. Well, the nurse that visited me after my emergency surgery in March is now my Stoma Nurse. So happy to have her. As I mentioned previously, I had 2 episodes of spotted blood inside my Stoma that I went to the ER for a while back. These occurred when I had sudden high output. So, decided to have a Stoma Nurse once a week just to check me. Being the Stoma is very vascular inside and out, sometimes this happens. I have an appointment next week for a consultation for a Reversal. When I had the emergency surgery in March, I developed Afib and the central line that had to be put in quickly accidentally punctured my left lung. I have a Cardiologist that I see again the end of the month for an Echocardiogram and she will decide if my heart is healthy enough to go through the reversal surgery. I have episodes of being out of breath sometimes which I never had before my surgery 8 months ago. So not happy about this. If it comes to me not being able to have the surgery, that's okay. Wishing everyone a nice Holiday and be careful what you eat!!😘

LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Hi Jillian ... So sorry to hear of your trials!  I'm glad your under the care of Cardiologist & Stoma Nurse you like & hopefully trust.  I had a central line for over 8 months & I know well how they are  tricky things to place,  but,  having one take a trip to your lungs...I can't even  imagine!!!   

I have blood in my pouch on a regular basis, my shortness, even waking me while gasping for breath is due to severe chronic anemia & low "hemoglobin". Please make sure your levels  are where they should be to hopefully avoid further issues. 

All the best as you go forward with your good attitude about whatever shall be surgically.  I hope your health issues heal well for you !  

Linda

GoatHerder reacted
ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

Posted by: @jillian

1. Hi everyone. Well, the nurse that visited me after my emergency surgery in March is now my Stoma Nurse. So happy to have her. As I mentioned previously, I had 2 episodes of spotted blood inside my Stoma that I went to the ER for a while back. These occurred when I had sudden high output. So, decided to have a Stoma Nurse once a week just to check me. Being the Stoma is very vascular inside and out, sometimes this happens. I have an appointment next week for a consultation for a Reversal. When I had the emergency surgery in March, I developed Afib and the central line that had to be put in quickly accidentally punctured my left lung. I have a Cardiologist that I see again the end of the month for an Echocardiogram and she will decide if my heart is healthy enough to go through the reversal surgery. I have episodes of being out of breath sometimes which I never had before my surgery 8 months ago. So not happy about this. If it comes to me not being able to have the surgery, that's okay. Wishing everyone a nice Holiday and be careful what you eat!!😘

I’m so sorry to hear of your medical issues. Prayers for a healing going out for you. 

GoatHerder reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Thank you for the update @jillian. I wish you all the best with your consultation and health!

It's nice to hear that you have a familiar nurse to help you though things. 🤗 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote