Community Forums

Community Forums

Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Having Off Days  

RSS

uc2ostomy
Eminent Member
08/05/2017 8:19 pm  

does anyone have off days? like just doesnt feel right within your body, i know i do like today just having a off day and just want to go back to bed, go back to sleep.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag Master Admin
08/05/2017 8:53 pm  

When I don't get a good sleep, my entire day is off. I hate the feeling, but I'm glad it doesn't happen often. 

Hope you can get out of your funk soon. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

uc2ostomy liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Estimable Member
09/05/2017 2:11 pm  

Yes. I had off days before my illness and I have them now. I think they are just a normal human thing. Its very hard ( and I work at it) not to view every aspect of my life in terms of my ileostomy and the UC that made it necessary.

Ha! Even my cats have off days! They sleep all the time every day.

ReplyQuote
Kae
 Kae
Trusted Member
09/05/2017 2:39 pm  

Dona, I wish I were one of your cats!

Yes, off days. I seem to have a lot of them. Maybe it's finding the new norm for me. Maybe it's all the stress I put myself under worrying about my ostomy, finances, and future surgeries. Lord knows it's enough to give anyone an off day. 

Like Eric said, I have noticed that when I don't sleep well, I am much more prone to having an off day. Sometimes a day will start well then turn 'off' mid way. Not sure what to do, or what to say other than I think we all have off days. However, if they become more and more prominent you may want to talk to your doctor as you may be falling into depression.

Hope your skies clear soon and your days are bright. :) 

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Estimable Member
09/05/2017 3:42 pm  

My cats do quite well and are experienced nappers. They keep the couch from flying out into space.

Thanks for your good wishes. I am , thankfully, nowhere near being depressed by all this. I am so happy to be healthy again, be rid of my useless colon (  I used to tell people I was 'postcolonial', but no body got it) and have a nice happy stoma.  I do have a peristomal hernia and repairs are scheduled for later this month. But that problem seems pretty fixable. My surgeon called it a 'plumbing problem', HA.

The only time I was, I think, even close to depression was during the three and a half years before I got my stoma installed. That was BAD. I know we have all been there too.

ReplyQuote
uc2ostomy
Eminent Member
10/05/2017 7:25 am  

I'm glad it's not just me, I hate when I have them. It's not like me to feel like that very often and I'm glad that my family is so close that they can help push me past it. 

It's never over my ostomy because without him I wouldn't be here today. It's just things in general. 

Kae and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register