Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Odd & ends  

RSS

Dona
 Dona
Trusted Member
09/05/2017 5:37 pm  

p.s. does anyone know how to get that gluey stuff off the shower floor or out of ones pubes? ( Eric, if this is indelicate I can edit).

O.K. I moved this ( thanks ,Eric). I hope this is right.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
09/05/2017 6:06 pm  

For the shower floor, you could try using something like "goo gone". If you don't have any, try some ostomy adhesive remover you might already have on hand. 

As far as removing adhesive residue from skin or hair, I'd suggest the adhesive remover again. 

Maybe someone else has more experience to share. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Trusted Member
09/05/2017 7:02 pm  

Good idea. I just got some of the spray remover.  The little packets didn't seem like a time efficient thing for the shower floor.

And anything will be better than scissors to remove the other bits. It does stick quite well where you don't want it.

It also does not come out of fabric very well...ah well. 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
09/05/2017 10:36 pm  
Posted by: Dona

It also does not come out of fabric very well...ah well. 

HAHA. Dona, why is it getting everywhere?! 

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Trusted Member
10/05/2017 12:46 pm  

Because its GLUE! I guess I can't blame the glue for sticking to things. I always shower when I change, and I clean off all the residual stuff...so there we go!  I think it gets on fabric when there is a bit of it ( doesn't take much) left on my skin somewhere. Its pretty random.

Hey Eric,

I just wanted to say, that one of your videos I really enjoyed was the Emergency Change one where you are in your car outside the amusement park. So good. Honest. It made me see ( and I was a semi newby at this point) that I could handle this anywhere! SO thanks.

Maybe we should have a 'Hey Eric' thread?

Kae and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
10/05/2017 12:52 pm  
Posted by: Dona

I always shower when I change, and I clean off all the residual stuff...so there we go!  

Ah, ok. My "workflow" is a little different, and I'll often remove my appliance and clean the area (of any gunk) before hopping in the shower. 

Hey Eric,

I just wanted to say, that one of your videos I really enjoyed was the Emergency Change one where you are in your car outside the amusement park. So good. Honest. It made me see ( and I was a semi newby at this point) that I could handle this anywhere! SO thanks.

I'm really glad I recorded that one! One of my favorites as well.

Maybe we should have a 'Hey Eric' thread?

=) Totally.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register