Community Forums

Notifications
Clear all

Bag Inspiration  

glenn.giroir
(@glenn-giroir)
Registered
Topic starter  

So, I was on instagram and I saw this idea of writing inspirational quotes to yourself on your bags.  I thought that this is a brilliant idea.  So, I'm giving it a go.  And, since I often forget when it is time to change my bag, I will start writing the date that I changed the bag and the date that I expect to change it next (upside down, so I can read it when I empty and pull the outlet up to wipe it).  I normally keep a calendar in the bathroom, but I often forget to mark it.    

1606673387-IMG_7940.jpg

Ulcerative Colitis (1995)
Permanent Ileostomy (2019)

Doing what it takes to enjoy life to its fullest.

VeganOstomy, LK, sjlovestosing and 2 people liked
LLNorth
(@llholiday)
Registered

Hi Glenn,, The ostomy nurse in the hospital taught me to use a sharpie marker to write the day of the week at the top outer side of the flange before I traced/cut the hole; that also indicates which end is the top (my stoma is an irregular oval shape). Cool idea to write on the bag itself - I wonder what mine will have to say!

Colostomy 4/30/18
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

ReplyQuote
Fred
 Fred
(@fred)
Registered

Hi Glen,

I feel like a complete dummy since I never thought of putting the date on the bag and flange. Even though I keep a logbook, I sometimes forget to make the entry. The inspirational quote on the bag is interesting. You could even write a note to your stoma. My Sophia loves attention and TLC. Thanks!

LK and sjlovestosing liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered

Great idea, Glenn! I can think of a few things to write - maybe reminders like dental appointments! I have been putting the date on my bag since the beginning. I also put it on the spout so that when I close my bag and tuck it in, I can see the date every time I empty out.

Stella

LLNorth and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

Glenn...what a great idea!! I always wrote the date but an inspirational quote or a few words of encouragement & Rose should be happier then ever!!! lol!!! 

Thank you for the idea!! Also, let me thank you again for the awesome idea of a very fine grind sand paper to rub the shine off the pouches and the popsicle stick idea too  to put on & melt the hole for the installment of the Osto EZ Vents!! This has actually for the 1st time ever become an enjoyable task!! 

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Whatever works is what I say :)  I love the idea of marking the date on the bag.

I take photos every time I change my appliance, so even though I don't stick to a firm schedule, it's easy for me to look back at the last change and check the date on which the photos were taken. This also helps me to assess my skin from then to now. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered

What a fun idea, Glenn. I love inspirational quotes and what a good place to have them. 😀

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered

...Might I suggest we share our quotes...it could be fun seeing what others find helpful! 

Any good ones Glen,  or a site you may recommend for them? 

Linda

ReplyQuote