Community Forums

Any suggestions on ...

Notifications
Clear all

Any suggestions on how to prevent M9 leaks...

22 Posts
6 Users
34 Likes
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

@veganostomy  Thank You Eric!  Yes, I'll let you know how the Electricians tape works running up against the Painters tape! Lolol, I still can't believe the answer was right in my drawer in the first place! I use the painters tape for making borders on my painting paper and for binding the cords to my fish tank. SO, why I never thought to use it for the edges of my pouch, well, that is just silly on my part. 

The thing about painters tape is & esp. with Water colour painting, theres a lot of "wet" involved all around the taped edges, more so then with Acrylic painting,  so , why not painters tape??!!!  Its pretty durable & to have not even what I thought was a bit of a swet looking type of thing across the harder plastic, thats not there now, even with the crazy last two weeks so, ... well, lets just say, I hadn't missed that or the blue at all!! 

Linda

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Topic starter  

So I don't get too far behind on this experiment & write a too long post, I'll update now. Lol!  So I did a 2nd round of painters tape. It was not as impressive as the 1st round & needed extra tape supporting it.  Maybe it was old tape from the dollar store, who knows!! 

I'm midway through a hopeful 10 days with the electricians tape & I am really liking the results so far. It bends better then the painters tape & has not required reinforcing as yet. Being a thicker tape then the painters tape, I have to make sure the center of the roll up opening is a snug roll for the 2 little pieces of plastic at the very beginning of the opening. 

Otherwise, so far so good. If this doesn't work, than on with the Duct Tape! Lol!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2