Favourite non-alcoholic drinks?

8 Posts
5 Users
5 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

I quit drinking around the time of my diagnosis, but I'm always fascinated by the non-alcoholic drinks you can make that taste great.

One of my favorites:

• Tonic water
  • Lemon juice

Tastes very close to a gin and tonic!

Lately, I've been mixing the following combination:

• Carbonated water.
  • 1 x True Lemon packet (this stuff tastes like real lemons!).
  • 1 x stevia packet (for a bit of sweetness). 

This is a great alternative to flavored sodas!

Share your ideas below! 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Dona reacted
FelicityG
(@felicityg)

Chai Tea, either the blend or the milky Indian version. Lots of spices held to be good for digestion.

Earl Grey, like drinking the essence of flowers. Love it.

Bundaberger Ginger Beer, found at Costco. Spicy zingy ginger with sediment. Love this one. We also get a Sprecher Rootbeer, vanilla dominant flavor. Supposedly not a lot of carbonation to this but it makes Oscar sing.

Crohn's Colitis, Ilieostomy, Proctocolectomy November 2017

VeganOstomy and Dona reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

I also stopped drinking alcohol with the onset of the UC. Just couldn't bring myself to put anything bad in there! ( things were bad enough all by themselves). Just as well...I pretty much drink water or tea and coffee now. And of course my cocktail of choice V8!

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: FelicityG

Bundaberger Ginger Beer, found at Costco. Spicy zingy ginger with sediment. Love this one. We also get a Sprecher Rootbeer, vanilla dominant flavor. Supposedly not a lot of carbonation to this but it makes Oscar sing.

I went through a ginger beer phase at some point. I still love it! ? ? 

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

I still enjoy a beer and a wee whiskey, but respect and admire those that choose not to. If I am on a night out and the driver I always go for a ginger ale. See some of the supermarkets are now doing non alcoholic wine. I have tried the alcohol free beer but it gives me terrible wind!

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: john68

See some of the supermarkets are now doing non alcoholic wine. 

We usually pick up the non-alcoholic wine or champagne for New Years so the kids can have some. It's not bad tasting at all, but they do lack the "bite" you get with the real stuff. 

ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Eric, doesn't the tonic water blow up your pouch? Sounds great- where do u get the lemon packet? Can u give me the name of brand-do they have ginger too? Or should I just use ginger ale? They have lemon tonic- try that? ANYTHING that is not water all day long. I will try Felicity's teas tho.. 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Marcie

Eric, doesn't the tonic water blow up your pouch?

Nope. Carbonated beverages don't tend to cause gas for me, but then again, I don't drink them often or in large quantities. 

Sounds great- where do u get the lemon packet? Can u give me the name of brand-do they have ginger too? 

The lemon packs I use are called True Lemon and I get them from Amazon. I bought a box of 400 - that's how much I love them! They work well in ginger ale!

ReplyQuote