Page 1 / 3 Next
  RSS

kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 29, 2017 2:38 pm  

Hello Eric,

I have been enjoying reading your articles, etc. since I became a new member a few days ago.  I find everything on your website very informative, inspiring, extremely helpful and even spiritual, and of course fun to read.  Thank you very much!  I just came across this page, which seems to need some checking (there are some repetitions in the latter half of the review). 

https://www.veganostomy.ca/coloplast-sensura-mio-10471-review/

We understand what you wrote in this review perfectly, so perhaps this is fine as it is. 

best wishes,

kiya

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
October 29, 2017 3:42 pm  

Hi Kiya,

Thank you very much for reporting that! 

It was caused by a Chrome plugin I was using that sometimes duplicated text without me knowing. I've fixed the problem now and the article has been updated =)

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
October 29, 2017 4:29 pm  

Hi Kiya welcome to the group

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 29, 2017 7:15 pm  

Hi Robert, 

Thank you for your kind and warm message.  This place (veganostomy) is wonderful.  See you again soon.

kiya

Robert, Dona and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 29, 2017 8:35 pm  

Welcome to the forum, Kiya.

Its always wonderful to have a new voice.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 29, 2017 8:37 pm  

Thank you, Dona.  I am happy to meet many wonderful people here.

kiya

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 29, 2017 8:43 pm  

Its great because everyone has something a little bit different to contribute. This place has been really helpful to me. I trolled through the things on youtube and Eric's site was like a breath of fresh air.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 30, 2017 6:40 am  

Hi Kiya,

You will really see the benefit od being here, all the very best

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 30, 2017 6:45 am  

Hi,

Yes, being a part of the community here is wonderful.  Thank you for your kind wishes for me (I need lots of it as I had my surgery six weeks ago and I am still struggling much!).  I return you the same very best wishes.

kiya

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 30, 2017 7:15 am  

First few weeks won,t be easy, sore, tired now what do I do with this? but ask! put the questions to the forum. Even if it is to have a bitch about things. no one judges any one here.

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
October 30, 2017 7:51 am  

Hi Kiya , believe it or not it does get easier , I am just over one year post surgery and even though I am doing well , I am still learning with the help of members of this forum in particular , ask any question no matter if you think it embarrassing someone here will have gone through the same thing 

Robert and VeganOstomy liked
ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 30, 2017 8:43 am  

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your kind and warm words, which gave me much encouragement, strength and hope.  I know that I am not alone in this community.  Thank you.

kiya

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@njewell1)
Registered
October 30, 2017 11:14 am  

Good Morning Kiya . You just had your surgery 6 weeks ago so you are still healing up take it easy don't rush it . Like everybody is saying any question is a good question and any comment you have is welcome . I'm like Tony had my last surgery 9/18/17 so just over a year for me too . I too am still learning and this site of Eric's and all these good people have really helped me out with advice and with confidence . So hang in there Kiya like Tony said it will get easier a little at a time .

Subtotal colectomy and Proctectomy , Ileostomy , Ulcerative Colitis

ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 30, 2017 2:26 pm  

Hello (and 'good evening' in London, UK, now) Robert,

Thank you very much for your kind message.  I want to believe what you said - that 'it will get easier a little at a time'.  I know things take time to happen ...  I should't aim too high and I should relax.

kiya

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 30, 2017 3:16 pm  

Hi Kiya, When you left hospital where you given advice on the types of appliances that are available. Its just not a case of one size fits all. Plus information on diet

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 30, 2017 3:49 pm  

Hi John,

I live in the UK but I had my surgery (ileostomy) in Japan.  I received basic information and advice while I was there but since I returned to the UK, I have been under the country's health care system called the NHS, which I find very unhelpful, confusing and frustrating.  I am assigned to a stoma care nurse and all of my stoma care items have to be agreed by and ordered through her.  My stoma has become much smaller (now about 2/3 of what it was when I had the surgery), which means that it (or 'she' (by the way, she has a name!)) has lost much of her height.  Over the last few weeks, I have been experiencing terrible skin irritations (painful, itchy, weeping and even bleeding) around the stoma.  My stoma care nurse suggested that I should use convex pouches.  The skin irritations are now better (but not completely healed) but using convex pouches have been causing pain in my tummy and also for some reason constipation!  I have looked up but convex pouches and constipation do not seem to be related.  I have many allergies and very sensitive skin and also a very sensitive digestive system.  I don't know whether I will ever find a pouch that's suitable for me.  I am thinking of contacting Nu Hope to enquire about their non-adhesive ostomy systems (which I found on this website!).

Thank you for listening.

kiya

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 30, 2017 4:22 pm  

Hi Kiya, I am in the UK and under the NHS, Our supplies have to come through our Doctor and are collected at our local chemist. If you are not happy with any of the supplies and have researched your own you have the right to receive those. The convex pouches can put pressure around the stoma and you are still tender and still healing. your stoma is still finding its shape (what height is it at the moment) Also have your nurse show you what is available or just given you what she thought was right. Keeping asking and posting your questions as other will jump in with there help. This will settle down Kiya believe me.

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered

Robert liked
ReplyQuote
kiya
 kiya
(@kiya)
Registered
October 30, 2017 4:46 pm  

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your kind support.  I will look at the links you sent me.

As for stoma care products, by now, I have requested samples from all the companies I found online that could provide free samples.  Today I received some samples of Hollister's adapt convex barrier rings.  These may be more suitable for me than convex pouches.  Today I also received some samples of Dansac's nova 1 easifold soft convex, which looks interesting.  I will stay positive and keep trying.  Thank you.

kiya

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Registered
October 30, 2017 4:53 pm  

hi Kiya , I think you are in the UK , if so you can get a lot of products from the comfizz free on prescription 

Comfizz premium support wear

I would suggest that you check out support belts which help reduce the chance of getting a hernia .

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3 Next
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register