"Woman who helps thirsty pigs evades jail"

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

This woman, Anita Krajnc, is actually a friend of my wife and daughter and the story behind this headline is quite incredible.

BBC report

She was arrested for giving pigs en route to slaughter water. She faced possible jail time for this, and it's been quite a big story for nearly two years.

I'm glad that she's been acquitted, but I can't imagine the precedence this would have set had she been convicted.

Have you followed this story or heard about it?

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

(@john68)

Hi Eric, I have not heard the story but this type of behaviour by haulage companies/meat factories is disgusting! Here in the UK their are very clear laws about transporting animals and holding in pens at markets for sale and meat plants. all animals must have access to clean drinking water and over crowding is not allowed. After the Foot and Mouth outbreak the laws where tightened and a lot of small sale yards had to close down as they did not meet the standards. The problems start mostly not with the farmer or breaders but with the buyers. Let me explain, animals for meat are sold to the meat plants in two ways. by being brought to sales yards where buyers from the meat plants are present (this is different the selling of breeding stock between farmers) they bid are paid a fee for the amount they buy. or farmers sell direct to the meat plant and transport themselves. in most cases the animals from the sales yard are handled well but some buyers neither care for the farmer selling or the animals. its £££££$$$$ money. Not all work in this way but the few who do are a rough bunch and a law of their own. Will it ever improve? may be through time but when their is money to be made greed always will find away! PS and a lot of these guys are not even from a farming back ground they are middle men.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
John Kane
(@john-kane)

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, everyone would be a vegetarian."

Paul McCartney

ReplyQuote