Vegan shoes

5 Posts
2 Users
3 Likes
10.2 K Views
Sarah Green
(@sarah-green)
Topic starter  

For those in the U.K. I get my shoes from Green Shoes. They are really expensive, but they are hand made to fit, they last for years, can be resoled and are really comfortable, so worth the money

http://www.greenshoes.co.uk/pages/how-to-buy/vegan-range/200

VeganOstomy reacted
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

This is great. 

I personally don't go out of my way to look for "vegan shoes" in the sense that they are made by a vegan company - but I do look for brands that offer synthetic/man-made shoes.  

Fortunately, most major brands do offer synthetics, and unless you're looking at footwear that normally imitates leather or suede, you don't have to trouble yourself too much.

Belts... now that's another story! LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Sarah Green
(@sarah-green)
Topic starter  

The problem is that most synthetic shoes tend to be poor quality and don't last very long, plus they make your feet sweaty. You can get canvas shoes, but in the UK you can only wear them for about 2 days a year lol

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Posted by: Sarah Green

The problem is that most synthetic shoes tend to be poor quality and don't last very long, plus they make your feet sweaty.    

I've definitely had some poor quality shoes! But I've been sticking to Vans for most occasions and high-quality running shoes for everything else with much success.  My dress shoes are worn so infrequently that it doesn't matter how cheap they are, they still last years. LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Sarah Green
(@sarah-green)
Topic starter  

I don't know if you have already mentioned it, but Merrell do a great range of running shoes, sandals and waterproof walking boots

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote