Community Forums

Favorite vegan deod...

Notifications
Clear all

Favorite vegan deodorant? Trying out Schmidt's.

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

So after watching a video about how aluminum in antiperspirants are linked to cancer, I've decided to try my hand at more natural products. And since most antiperspirants use aluminum, I'll be trying deodorants instead.

Historically, every natural deodorant I've tried has either caused me to break out into a rash or it simply doesn't work. 

I've used salt crystal, JĀSÖN, Tom's of Maine, and a few others without much luck.

But I was told that Schmidt's makes a good one, so I ordered it! I'll be trying out the Bergamot and Lime from Amazon, but I'm wondering what your favorites are and if you've tried this one out.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

(@cassie)

I use Lush's Aromaco. It is 100 % vegetarian, not tested on animals. It works great for me although I am not very active so can't say how it performs under heavy activity. I believe Lush is made in Canada. I use the USA site of course. My Mom got me using Lush years ago, she lived in Nova Scotia :)

http://www.lushusa.com/body/deodorants/

Susan Mueller

ReplyQuote
(@cassie)

Oooops, you said favorite Vegan deo...Aromaco is vegetarian...not sure about Vegan though. Guess you could always look at the ingredient list. 

Susan and Lumpy the happy dancing stoma !!!

Susan Mueller

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  
Posted by: Cassoday12

Oooops, you said favorite Vegan deo...Aromaco is vegetarian...not sure about Vegan though. Guess you could always look at the ingredient list. 

Susan and Lumpy the happy dancing stoma !!!  

Lush is a great company that I fully support - nearly everything they have is vegan (probably everything) and they don't sell products tested on animals.

The Aromaco is vegan, so thumbs up for that:

"Witch Hazel Infusion (Hamamelis virginiana), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Stearate, Chamomile Vinegar (Matricaria Chamomilla), Sodium Bicarbonate, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), *Citral, *Limonene, Fragrance. *Occurs naturally in essential oils"

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
Topic starter  

So... after one month of using the Schmidt's, I broke out into a rash. It's so frustrating because it works incredibly well!! 

Now I have to decide on whether to try another natural brand or go back to the regular stuff I was using before. 

ReplyQuote