Want to join the forums? Register HERE for instant access.

Already have an account? Login below:

Summer Plans?  

RSS

VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
12/05/2017 5:00 pm  

Does anyone have any special plans for the summer? Maybe something new they'd like to try?

I'm looking forward to Kayaking again. I find it so peaceful. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
cecilia.boggero
12/05/2017 7:52 pm  

Hi Eric!

Since my health is much better now, this summer I'm going to Barcelona to study Spanish and to look for a job. I'm planning on moving there. I'm going next month, so excited!! XD

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
12/05/2017 7:55 pm  
Posted by: cecilia.boggero

Hi Eric!

Since my health is much better now, this summer I'm going to Barcelona to study Spanish and to look for a job. I'm planning on moving there. I'm going next month, so excited!! XD

Wow, that's fantastic! Have you been to Spain before? Sounds so exciting! 

ReplyQuote
cecilia.boggero
12/05/2017 7:59 pm  

Nope, never been there even though I live pretty close (I'm Italian), but I've always been fascinated by Spain and now it's the perfect time to follow my dream. I hope everything's going to be ok!! 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
12/05/2017 8:08 pm  
Posted by: cecilia.boggero

"... now it's the perfect time to follow my dream."

I love that! Best of luck to you! 😊

ReplyQuote
Kae
 Kae
Eminent Member
14/05/2017 4:23 am  

I was too ill last year to kayak. I miss it. Looks like I won't get to this summer either. My surgery will probably be in June and with the recovery time I'll have to save kayaking for next year! 

So Eric, have extra fun kayaking for me, okay? Cecilia, have a great time in Barcelona.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
Trusted Member
14/05/2017 12:46 pm  

Kae, Good luck on your upcoming repair. And best wishes for kyaking in the future.

Cecelia, welcome. Barcelona looks wonderful.

Eric, enjoy the kayak!

I am planning on getting back to bodysurfing again as soon as the ocean warms up a bit more. San Diego area of California for me, so in another month its fine. I use a short wetsuit now and a tight rash guard underneath. I did this last summer and it worked great to keep my 'stuff' in place and secure in the ocean.

I am a life long surfer,bodysurfer,swimmer and I was out of the water for over 4 years with my illness. Great to be back.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
Bag MasterAdmin
14/05/2017 8:41 pm  
Posted by: Dona

I am planning on getting back to bodysurfing again as soon as the ocean warms up a bit more. San Diego area of California for me, so in another month its fine. I use a short wetsuit now and a tight rash guard underneath. I did this last summer and it worked great to keep my 'stuff' in place and secure in the ocean.

I am a life long surfer,bodysurfer,swimmer and I was out of the water for over 4 years with my illness. Great to be back.

Dona, when you do get back in the water, I'd love for you to share your tips on doing all that with an ostomy! And don't forget to have fun! 

Kae, it's too bad that you'll miss the opportunity this summer, but that means you'll have more time to be stronger next year :) 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register