Community Forums

Summer Plans?  

RSS

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 12, 2017 5:00 pm  

Does anyone have any special plans for the summer? Maybe something new they'd like to try?

I'm looking forward to Kayaking again. I find it so peaceful. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

cecilia.boggero
(@cecilia-boggero)
Registered
May 12, 2017 7:52 pm  

Hi Eric!

Since my health is much better now, this summer I'm going to Barcelona to study Spanish and to look for a job. I'm planning on moving there. I'm going next month, so excited!! XD

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 12, 2017 7:55 pm  
Posted by: cecilia.boggero

Hi Eric!

Since my health is much better now, this summer I'm going to Barcelona to study Spanish and to look for a job. I'm planning on moving there. I'm going next month, so excited!! XD

Wow, that's fantastic! Have you been to Spain before? Sounds so exciting! 

ReplyQuote
cecilia.boggero
(@cecilia-boggero)
Registered
May 12, 2017 7:59 pm  

Nope, never been there even though I live pretty close (I'm Italian), but I've always been fascinated by Spain and now it's the perfect time to follow my dream. I hope everything's going to be ok!! 

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 12, 2017 8:08 pm  
Posted by: cecilia.boggero

"... now it's the perfect time to follow my dream."

I love that! Best of luck to you! 😊

ReplyQuote
Kae
 Kae
(@kae)
Registered
May 14, 2017 4:23 am  

I was too ill last year to kayak. I miss it. Looks like I won't get to this summer either. My surgery will probably be in June and with the recovery time I'll have to save kayaking for next year! 

So Eric, have extra fun kayaking for me, okay? Cecilia, have a great time in Barcelona.

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
May 14, 2017 12:46 pm  

Kae, Good luck on your upcoming repair. And best wishes for kyaking in the future.

Cecelia, welcome. Barcelona looks wonderful.

Eric, enjoy the kayak!

I am planning on getting back to bodysurfing again as soon as the ocean warms up a bit more. San Diego area of California for me, so in another month its fine. I use a short wetsuit now and a tight rash guard underneath. I did this last summer and it worked great to keep my 'stuff' in place and secure in the ocean.

I am a life long surfer,bodysurfer,swimmer and I was out of the water for over 4 years with my illness. Great to be back.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

Zvitusk liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
May 14, 2017 8:41 pm  
Posted by: Dona

I am planning on getting back to bodysurfing again as soon as the ocean warms up a bit more. San Diego area of California for me, so in another month its fine. I use a short wetsuit now and a tight rash guard underneath. I did this last summer and it worked great to keep my 'stuff' in place and secure in the ocean.

I am a life long surfer,bodysurfer,swimmer and I was out of the water for over 4 years with my illness. Great to be back.

Dona, when you do get back in the water, I'd love for you to share your tips on doing all that with an ostomy! And don't forget to have fun! 

Kae, it's too bad that you'll miss the opportunity this summer, but that means you'll have more time to be stronger next year :) 

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 28, 2018 10:40 am  

After being so sick for the past year I am planning to stay out of the hospital for the summer !!🤣  and actually I am planning some short drive explorations of Washington and Oregon. Have lived in Washington for 60 years and there is much I don't know about "home".  I love to drive, I put my favorite music on a thumb drive and hook it into the radio. Then I sit back and listen to good music (in my opinion) and enjoy the scenery. This will be the first time Stella has joined me on a trip.  Hoping there are no issues!! 

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
February 28, 2018 10:50 am  

Hi Barbara, that sounds like a brilliant plan, I agree nothing like a good day out, good music and scenery. keep a back up kit, bottle of water and meds hit the noisy pedal and away ye go

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
February 28, 2018 11:40 am  

Absolutely! Positively!!  I will pack up my emergency kit, lots of bottled water, and will clean off the chip in the ole Nikon and go for it!! And now that I have my "little old lady button" (You know, the "help I've fallen and i can't get up" button) firmly around my neck my confidence level is high.

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote
Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
March 22, 2018 7:27 am  

I wish you all fun and safe travels on your summer adventures.

I am looking forward to my reversal surgery possibly middle to end of June. That is if my repair surgery in April is a success...I mean WHEN it is a success.

We have a pond back by the woods here on the farm (it is an old sandstone quarry) and we enjoy going back there, lighting a fire, cracking a few cold ones(well...cold lemonade for me) and just enjoy the peace and quiet or picnics with family and friends.  We do this almost every weekend in the summer time...I know...sounds boring compared to what y'all have planned but we love it...we are simple people.

My girls and I might hit a few flea markets this summer depending on how I am feeling. Our youngest daughter is into redoing flea market finds so we "treasure" hunt.

Whatever your plans are this summer...have fun and be safe.

God when you choose to leave mountains unmovable oh give me the strength to sing it is well with my soul

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 22, 2018 10:21 am  
Posted by: Malsgal86

We have a pond back by the woods here on the farm (it is an old sandstone quarry) and we enjoy going back there, lighting a fire, cracking a few cold ones(well...cold lemonade for me) and just enjoy the peace and quiet or picnics with family and friends.  We do this almost every weekend in the summer time...I know...sounds boring compared to what y'all have planned but we love it...we are simple people.

That sounds WONDERFUL! People go out of there way to pay for that kind of peace and quiet! 

I'm hoping to make my backyard more livable this summer - spend most of the last summer tearing down and replacing a shed, putting up new fencing and beautifying it. 

Zvitusk and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 22, 2018 11:09 am  

I do like the sound of that, backyards should be another room in yer house, a place to play relax, growing a few veg or herbs. Bins/trash cans can be screened of and if room it scarce make a raised area to put a table and chairs and underneath can used for storage! Dig out a fire pit which can be used to cook on and then to sit round when it gets chilly. Cheap way to get timber/wood for creating fencing decking etc is to visit yer local tip/recycling centre. its surprising what good wood is thrown away! Ask the staff working their first and they will be only to glad to help.

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
March 22, 2018 6:40 pm  

I wish that I could go to Israel for a month or two, but I  can't. My wife doesn't get such a vacation. In a few years, when she retires, we will see if we can swing it.

Meanwhile,  I am happy to be in my airconditioned study hall.  When we get bored and jumpy, we will go visit the kids. Or they will visit with us.

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 22, 2018 7:20 pm  

It good to enjoy the here and now and also good to have events to look forward too!!

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
March 22, 2018 7:25 pm  

You guys are making me reconsider my bucket list again.  The original lan was to retire oct. 1, 2016 and o be living in Great Britain for 6 months by the end of Nov.  However, illness raised its ugly head before October passed and by December the whole hospital, surgery, rehab etc. Started. Then on top of that I started remicade infusion every 8 weeks precluding being gone for 6 months.  So m Welsh, English andd Irish cousins went on hold.  Now i am getting excited about figuring out the logistics.  Maybe I can find a way to do remicade in England.  The dream lives!!

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register