Page 3 / 3
  RSS

SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
June 28, 2019 4:41 pm  
Posted by: john68

it’s great to see another ostomate released into the wild and running free 😂

Ha ha ha. That is a great visual, but it is more like limping along with one hand on my ostomy and the other on my wound, trying to keep everything in place. I do feel pretty proud of myself though.  😀

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
June 29, 2019 12:02 am  

I'm up to 7 changes since Monday morning.  I've come to the conclusion that Squeaky does not like going to work. 

Eric, your plastic bag in the pants has been a life saver. I'm sure it has saved me from cleaning up lots of poo off the bathroom floor. Actually to be completely honest, it has saved my husband from cleaning up lots of poo. Speaking of my husband, he has been such a champ through all of this. I've always tried to be pretty low maintenance, but this last year, I have been a LOT of extra work for him. Personally I don't think I'm worth the trouble, but fortunately, he does. 

I don't know how to tell if you have a blockage, but I wonder if I had one that worked itself out, because I went from very little output and a relatively empty bag, to a blowout in a short amount of time. But I don't know how everything works yet. 

-Liza

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
June 30, 2019 9:07 am  

Hi Liza,

I suggest you check out Eric's video on blockages if you haven't already - it's very informative.

Best to you,

Stella

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
June 30, 2019 12:49 pm  

Thanks Stella!!  I should have thought of it. Eric has a video for everything!!

-Liza

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
July 1, 2019 11:38 am  

I was right. Squeaky does not like going to the office. The pouch I put on Friday night was still going strong this morning. I hope I wasn't tempting fate by leaving it on, but I figured with only half a day in the office I would chance it. 

-Liza

LK liked
ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
July 1, 2019 3:22 pm  

sounds like you need a more flexible flange.   cymed will give you that if things have improved with their products.    might be a video here on the microskin?

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
July 2, 2019 11:37 am  
Posted by: dogtalkerer

sounds like you need a more flexible flange.   cymed will give you that if things have improved with their products.    might be a video here on the microskin?

I have a few reviews on older Cymed products - then the problems started with their products and I think it's been resolved now. I don't know if the new stuff is the same as the one I tried, or if it's a new formulation. 

If Microskin does work, it's unlike anything else on the market, so it's worth trying. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

Please Login or Register