Community Forums

Pseudo Blockages, m...

Pseudo Blockages, malabsorption and severe anemia...am I having fun yet?  

Page 7 / 7
  RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
October 11, 2019 7:31 am  

Linda,

I think it's safe to say that we are all proud of you! I guess I tend to be up front with people - must be my age! lol. If something hurts, the doctors knows right away. I have always been a baby about pain, I guess. 

Regarding our dishwasher, my hubby and I usually wash and dry the dishes together, so we don't usually use one. We plan on keeping the plumbing for it, in case we ever sell our home, but will remove the dishwasher and make a removable cabinet in its place for my extra pots and pans, etc. 

Stella

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 11, 2019 5:12 pm  

Thank you everyone! I was not even nervous! I really was not sure he would listen the way he did, so it was a nice surprise. Your encouragements to talk to him about it, helped a lot!!! When raising our kids, we have practiced to not ever respond with anger no matter how shocked we may be, and to tell them we would get back to them later to respond from whatever shocked us. Everyone makes mistakes right! His willingness to sit back, listen and then respond helped a lot too. I had not yet eaten at that time so not having to struggle thru the pain helped a lot too. 

Stella it is so nice you have a standing date with your hubby every evening! Way to go honeymooners! Lol  How many years have you logged? 

My eyes have been inflamed again nd the right one wanders more these days. I just don't  get all of this sometimes, but knowing g there  others out there has helped a lot. 

Thank you all and have a great weekend. Thanksgiving here is this weekend, Monday.  Making the pies tomorrow. Lol!

Linda

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
October 11, 2019 5:28 pm  

Hi Linda, You have a great weekend enjoy your baking and Happy thanks giving to you and fellow Canadians 👍🇨🇦

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 11, 2019 5:54 pm  

Thank you John!  I have  always loved big family dinners and tho we are having a smaller one here avd nof travelling, I still enjoy it just as much. Being together as a family is important to me.

Linda

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 12, 2019 1:42 pm  

Linda,

I commend you for speaking to your doctor, AND getting him to listen to you as an individual and not just 'The 8:15 appointment". Way to go!

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 13, 2019 1:38 am  

@dona

Thank you Dona. It was not easy by any means, and I have no regrets. The look on his face told me it struck an important cord.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
SqueakyandLiza
(@squeakyandliza)
Registered
October 22, 2019 2:48 am  

@dlkfiretruck

Linda,

All the best for you tomorrow as you see your new GI doctor!!  May you have a safe trip to Kelowna and back, and may you get all the answers you are looking for!  I think it is safe to say we are all pulling for you and hoping there is something that can be done to help with your tummy problems. ❤️😀👍

-Liza
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

IleosTony and LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 26, 2019 10:05 pm  

Update on GI apt.

Liza, Thank you so much. I saw your post early a.m.  but could not stop to say so.  I know you understand.

Well, after giving my history to the receptionist, I was very quickly  taken to the doctors office.  I met this young smart doctor. She asked several questions & had a look at my body, hair ect. & said I was too boney! I am well aware of this issue but at the same time, it was nice to have it acknowledged.   She was very thorough. I instantly felt comfy with her. It turns out she is  a GI who also specializes in people with malabsorption issues and she helps with planning a good diet suitable to the personal needs of my blood work. She has tested for every vitamin I am to have  in  me in order  to function. She gave me a few recipes for treating dehydration at home,  and a web address for people dealing with short gut syndrome and malabsorption from it. I have only used the recipes so  far and not checked out the website yet. I will explain why,  in a bit here.  

She  talked about  home TPN and what is involved to some degree & in hospital TPN as well.  She  does not think I am there yet either. We talked  a bit about intestinal transplants and that because there is likely so  much scar tissue, if that were to happen & we are so not there yet again, thank Heaven,  I would require that gift from a child. The thought of this  saddens me deeply. But even having this conversation makes the reality of all of this on the horrid side.

At any rate, because of distance, she is going to work with me over the phone so I don't have to drive all the way there & back. I appreciate that so much! She had the opportunity to view my blood work  from back in June and admitted she was surprised I actually made it into the office, due to the recent blood work as well. She said I must be very determined. Truly, I am desperate to not let this thing get the best of me! The biggy  to me here, she does not believe it is crohns disease at all, but damage done over the years of an abusive bowel!

She wants me to keep eating as I am & more if I can...I can't. Deep sigh. She thinks its appalling that we have to pay for iron infusions here when if I lived there, I would be covered,  different town, same country! So she is going to fight for me, because I just don't  have the energy for it anymore. She is also going to do her best to get the other lacking vitamins I need covered as well. We will see I guess....I hope pray  she succeeds. Lol. I really like her and am pleased with the outcome so far.

I have  been very tired since Tuesday and for once, things finally feel like they are under control. 

Now, last week, my sister called and asked if I wanted the new puppy they had  for 10 days. It is a lot of work for her and not something she expected would take so much time and energy, her anxieties were very high.  I had  been praying about one for 6 mths. Plus, the biggy here, I wanted a sign from Heaven that I was doing the right thing.  I thought for sure my sister was going to succeed at the puppy training so I never thought a second about the fact that I might get Misty if she did  not work out. I was so shocked when she called me afterc10 days, and said I was getting a puppy Thursday. Really, at this point in my life,  I was thinking a puppy, realistically, a year down the road if at all, but I kept praying.

It turns out (aka Misty) Missy as I now call her, is everything I ordered. The approval from Heaven  I asked for, well, Missy was born ten years to the day my husband had died. Can you imagine that?! She is an adorable little girl dog & has been fully paper trained for a four days already. I just love  her & my senior dog, Romeo, has had no beef with the sudden intruder on our life.   She sleeps well in her kennel at night and is just so much fun to play with & watch & the grands in the basement all just love her. They take her down in the evenings  to help tire her out because like my car, she has more energy then I do!!! She already climbs over the board I keep her in this uncarpeted end of the house with, and her tiny ribs are now padded a bit.

She seems to be growing overnight and has the sharpest little teeth I have ever met! Teething for sure! She knows  "no Missy " and loves to cuddle. I Can't ask for more then that!

Thank you all for caring and for reading. I will update as need be.

Linda

Linda

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
October 27, 2019 5:22 pm  

Linda, It really sounds like you have made a good connection with the new doctor. And she seems to be listening to what you have to say.  This sounds very promising.

And, YEAH! Puppy. Nothing wrong with some more love at home. We have always gotten cats that way, strays or ones that nobody wants. Its always been a great reason! We only have three right now. I am happy that your older dog is O.K. with her too. Nice.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK liked
ReplyQuote
IleosTony
(@ileostony)
Registered
October 27, 2019 7:51 pm  

Hi Linda,

So, so very glad to know you're off to such a great start with the new doc! Looking forward to more and more great news concerning your health.

When you discussed your new puppy, I actually felt a pang thinking Romeo had passed away, such a relief that the new pup is an addition and not a successor. May they both bring you years of companionship and joy.

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
October 27, 2019 8:07 pm  

Thank you Dona and Tony.  Stella and John too, I should have said about Romy,  right off the bat I guess, stoma sight!  (hind sight) Haha. Yes, Romeo is up and kicking still. He is being so good about the kid even when he was sleeping and she tried to nurse his tummy and could not get anything then nipped him with her sharp little teeth. She left marks to! He is very much top dog still and she knows it. Today Missy waited till she was outside to do her business in the morning. I only started that today too.  She hits the paper every time other wise. 

Yes, it was a good apt. And  it does feel like that light at the end of the tunnel is being held by someone who knows what they are doing! I was so impressed by Dr. ROBBINS and DR. SIMPSON, my internest. It is a relief really.  I am still so tired and having a puppy is not what I would do at this time, but she needed a home with patience and she got it.  I'm just glad I did not have to pay for her. Now for  the rest of her puppy shots?!? Yikes, $ major changes to happen.

Thank you for  your thoughts regarding this apt. It means so much to me to have  such great support and friends here. Hugs to you all!

Linda

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 7
Share:

Please Login or Register