Notifications
Clear all

Over 50 Multivitamin

6 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
(@brent)
Topic starter  

Any suggestions? Wasn't thinking when I took a tablet from a new bottle. 2/3 of it came out in the bag. A specific brand name would be great. Thanks all.

VeganOstomy reacted
(@squeakyandliza)

Hi Brent and welcome!!

I had the same problem with multi-vitamins, so we found some chewable Centrum multi-vitamins. I think we found them at Rite Aid. 

All the best to you. 

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Hello Brent...welcome to VO!! I think that is a fairly common fault with shorter digestive guts! I take an over 50 for women,  B complex 100 and one for skin , nails & hair. I make a habit of crushing mine between two spoons as long as they are "not time release".  I  was frequently seeing prescribed meds  & capsules in my pouch contents also. The doctor can prescribe faster dissolving meds & some even in chewable form. Check with your pharmacist, just because the chewable or liquid form is not on the shelf, it does not mean it is not available.  Always take vitamins as directed on package as some can store up in your liver & that's not good.  If you take any similar to the size of your vitamins, you may wish to take this as a concern to your GP.  When I don't notice a change in me,  that a medication is supposed to do, the result is usually it's not being digested.   

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Hey @brent,

I've used multivitamins from Naturelo with success (no capsules in the bag!). This one is for 50+ NATURELO Whole Food Multivitamin for Men 50+ 

Chewables are also a good option. 

Are there any specific vitamins/minerals that you are low on, or are you using this prophylactically?

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brent)
Topic starter  

Wonderful thank-you

ReplyQuote
Lynne
(@lynne)

I really like this brand of liquid multivitamin.  Tastes great and the liquid ensures I'm absorbing it.  https://www.maryruthorganics.com/collections/frontpage/products/organic-liquid-morning-multivitamin?variant=46177691797

LK reacted
ReplyQuote