Notifications
Clear all

I DID IT!!!  

RSS

Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
August 22, 2018 2:05 pm  

I went back to work today after being off on sick leave for almost 2 years!!!

it felt great to be there and get to see everyone!!!

i will get to work 8 weeks before my next (and hopefully last) surgery in oct and then go back again after thanksgiving break

Zvitusk, LK and john68 liked
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
August 22, 2018 2:10 pm  

Congratulations, Malsgal!!!! I sort of know how you feel. About a week ago, I started mowing the lawn again. My husband and I have shared the duty for a while. He does the hard stuff, while I do about a half acres worth behind a self-propelled walking mower. It feels good to be useful again!

Stella

LK and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 22, 2018 2:46 pm  

Way to go Stella!    It is amazing just how good these recovery milestones feel.

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 22, 2018 8:01 pm  

Wow, that is great!  My milestone is following the vacuum cleaner around. I don't mow the lawn, my sons job, but I do follow around my Vacuum. I LOVE her!!! Her name is Roomba! Amazing how much of my hair she picks up and the dirt I don't see. My first milestone was when I walked to the end of my driveway after my last surgery. I thought it would never end.  After a year in hospital opening a can of soup was a challenge.  Keep up the good work  Malsgal,  make sure to get the adequate rest need to heal from your next surgery! 

ReplyQuote
Zvitusk
(@zvitusk)
Registered
August 23, 2018 12:12 pm  

Congratulations! 

We are all excited for you.

"One small step for you, One large step for Ostomykind."

Z

ReplyQuote