Good News

7 Posts
5 Users
9 Likes
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone,

My Ostomy Nurse discharged me yesterday saying that I am good to go. I have learned to be comfortable with appliance changes, have been steadily gaining healthy weight and my perineal wound is almost completely healed. She was so pleased with my progress that she asked if I would consider being an ostomy coach in the future! She has been a great teacher and coach herself, and I know that if I have problems or changes in the future I can always call on her. 

Thanks also to you all for being a great support system. A special thanks to Eric for all he does. This site will continue to be a great resource to me as well as knowing that I have comrades out there who understand all the ups and downs of ostomy living.

God bless!!!

Stella

Sasquatch, Dona, VeganOstomy and 1 people reacted
(@john68)

Hi Stella, The sure is great news, I have always noted the positivity in yer posts from the start. Yes would would make a great coach :-) 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Dona reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Yay! I'm so happy for you!

Do consider becoming an ostomy coach. There's a lot of value for new patients to be connected with a mentor early on. It can really change their outlook for the better. 

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Dona reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Thats wonderful Stella! Thanks for letting us know. 

You would make a great coach. You educated yourself about your surgery  and also became part of this community.  And you have  now come through this experience very well.

Keep healing!

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Topic starter  

Thank you so much to all! Your kind words and encouragement mean a great deal to me!!!

God bless you all!!!

Stella

PS I have already agreed to being a coach to any new ostomate! I feel it's the least I can do to help someone who may need some encouragement - as you all have done for me.

ReplyQuote
Sasquatch
(@sasquatch)

That's awesome that you're doing well!  That is also a great opportunity being an ostomy coach.  I would love doing something like that if I didn't have so much to take care of right now.  I wish I'd had that sort of thing offered to me after surgery, I feel I could have used at the very least, someone with an ostomy to talk to.  One of the best feelings in life is being able to pay something forward, bless you for doing that. 

UC since 2002, subtotal colectomy Dec. 2016, proctolectomy Nov. 2018.

VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Topic starter  

Hi Sasquatch,

I myself had an ostomy coach before I went into surgery. She is also a colostomate, but had a much rougher time than I ever did and still deals with issues. However, she is gracious and kind and offered all sorts of help before and after surgery.  You've actually reminded me that it is time for me to get in touch with her to see how she's doing. 

BTW, you already are an ostomy coach - with the other ostomates here on this website, you have given me and others much help and encouragement!

God bless!

Stella

ReplyQuote