Clear all

Happy 25th Birthday Sammy

18 Posts
10 Users
59 Likes
Bill Bell
(@bago)
Topic starter  

Hey John68 tell Sammy Happy birthday for us.

1567220411-August-31-John68-25-Stoma-Birthday-Sammy.jpg

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

Tony H, VeganOstomy, LK and 3 people reacted
(@squeakyandliza)

@john68

Happy Birthday, Sammy!!  ?????John, give Sammy a special birthday treat today!!  Is it crazy to realize your stoma is old enough to rent a car? ??

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018
“May your day be bright and your bag be light.”

LK, Tony and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hey Guys Thank you very much that is very kind and the wee fella is very touched by the Rose pic Bill. It’s very hard to believe where the years have gone, it’s been a good friendship between the 2 of us we do fall out and yes I am saying I talk to my stoma when I am doing my change?. For any one reading and just been gifted a new friend I can say it’s a journey a learning curve but it’s a good life and one that’s pretty normal. It’s been a pleasure to be part of this community and help and friendship is very important. Never be afraid to ask, never think you know it all and be willing to learn. Party On ???

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Tony H, LK, LLNorth and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony
 Tony
(@ileostony)

@john68 I echo the stomaversary  wishes and must say that your positive attitude about Sammy and similar  mindsets of others on this board with their stomas (or is it stomata?) never gets old. Happy silver stomavarsary, my friend!

Tony
Crohn's diagnosed in 1995.
Spontaneous colon perforation and emergency end ileostomy surgery in 2018.
No colon - still rollin'!
No eyesight - life still bright!
Stomaversary - December 4th

LK, john68 and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)

Thats great John! Happy birthday to you 'both'. You are a real asset to this blog , thanks for being there.

"A rose by any other name ..."

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

LK, john68 and SqueakyandLiza reacted
ReplyQuote
LLNorth
(@llholiday)

Happiest of birthdays ? to you, little ?

Colostomy 4/30/18.
I love the smell of coffee in the morning. It smells like .... victory.

LK, SqueakyandLiza and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

Hi John,

A happy 25th stoma anniversary. You have certainly been an inspiration and help to me! I hope you and Sammy enjoy a huge piece of cake? today!

God bless!

Stella

LK, SqueakyandLiza and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hi Folks, Again many thanks for the kind wishes. It’s nearly 2 years since I found Eric before this I ever only had contact with several ostomates and back in the day where I live there where not many opportunities to meet similar folks. My journey has been much improved by VO and you all. I have to give credit to my long suffering wife who while did not know me before my stoma has never seen it as anything but part of who I am, I did have cake and a very tasty chow mien to celebrate. ?

sjlovestosing, VeganOstomy, LK and 2 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Well, TWENTY FIVE YEARS!!!  Happy stomaversity John!  It is encouraging to know that you have had such a good life with your stoma and all it means to you.  I know I sure appreciate mine ten fold. Thank you for all your shared effort in this wonderful VO Site (kudos to you Eric!) that has brought a bunch of strangers together in a like effort towards normal or as normal as life can be anyways.  How wonderful your wife never knew you without one, and accepted it as part of you.  That alone is encouraging to others I am sure, I know it is to me. The John she fell in love with is a new and improved version of you today. 

Bill Bell,and  how sweet it is of you to acknowledge this great accomplishment in John life. All the best to you four!...now, for those emoticons the continue to evade me...... :-D  stubborn things....Have a great day you all!

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Happy Stomaversary, John! 

I had my 6th Stomaversay a few weeks back - but 25 years is amazing! You must have all kinds of stories to tell about earlier appliances.

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

sjlovestosing, LK, john68 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

Posted by: @veganostomy

I had my 6th Stomaversay a few weeks back

Happy Stomaversary to you too, Eric!!  It is amazing what you have done in just 6 years, helping so many people find much needed information, and bringing us all together as a caring and supportive community.  Thank you for all you do!!!

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

sjlovestosing, LK, john68 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Thanks Eric, it’s quite surprising how little the appliances have changed in my time, I do remember a lot of the bags did not have any type of cover just where plain plastic, sticking to your leg was common when it was hot. I did come across a wafer which was in the glove compartment of a vehicle I sold, oh boy it was as thick as a piece of wood. The one company I found very consistent over the years has been Convatec. The biggest change over the years has been the internet back then if someone had said I could order supplies and converse with other folks around the world while not even being at home it would have been like science fiction. 

ReplyQuote
(@squeakyandliza)

@john68

You are now entering The Twilight Zone. ?

-Liza
Ileostomy 6/18/2018

LK reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Eric you’re post got me thinking, I have always wanted to give something back after my surgery. Then I seen Lizas post, we all have a duty to help and pass on what knowledge and experience we have, if we ever need an example of how to get back to normal well one Lad here has done that and built a community and traveled and researched and works and is a family man and a lot more besides. So Eric cheers and here’s to many more healthy years ?

sjlovestosing, LK, Marcie and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

Nellie turned 5 years old..  a few days ago-- and still going strong.. ha she is stronger than me !! 

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

john68 and LK reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

Awesome you all...it was 10 yeas in April I think for Rose. The twilight zone...I loved that show.   However, I remember when we were told that one day we would all have a computer n our homes to gleam knowledge from and to communicate just like this with people around the world. I remember my words right after leaning that. I thought,  Not in my life time!!! And here I am using the darn thing on my lap, unplugged and in bed! Amazing. I don't have to tell you the amount of access this is for me.  When I told the grands yesterday that I remembered them telling us that we would have computers in homes and phones not connected to the walls and that a man would walk on the moon.! It opened up a whole other conversation.  Credit to the kids for solving a phone problem I have had for weeks. They teach this in schools!  Michael is going to teach me how to send pictures and look at them in my files (?). Dare I wonder whats next? We should learn from the young and the young from the old.

Happy anniversaries you little budding life savers hanging around our tummies.  Your a reality I think we are all very grateful for, in a round about way ofcourse.  May you have many new excursions, and be as healthy and cooperative as you can be. Welcome to the inside of the outside world! Kudos to Eric, and his family for sharing him.

Linda

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)

A Happy Anniversary ?  to all my stoma mates! A special thanks to Eric. Without all your hard work and effort, this community would not be possible.  I am especially grateful for all the info and help I have received and continue to receive here!  ?‍? 

Stella

LK and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
Marcie
(@shulmjs)

It may be that NEllie (whoooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaa Nellie) is 5 yrs. now-- But, I have to admit as of her arrival, I have not been the same. She was a surprise for me-- I FELT NO PAIN--DID NOT KNOW I WAS SICK--NOW?? =  dehydration getting worse--I am so confused lately..  But I got her...Got to keep her..damn her arrival sometimes..BUt I truly hope she reamins well..  

2014 - 3 strangulations of colon, Ulcerative colitis, removal of colon, illiostomcy named woooh Nellie..

ReplyQuote