Clear all

Crafts and Such  

RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
September 19, 2018 5:21 pm  

Hi Everyone,

I'm just curious as to how many out there do any kind of crafts - knitting, crocheting, woodworking, card making, needle felting, weaving, etc.

I enjoy card making and needle felting, which I mentioned in one of my earlier posts. I used to crochet and did some knitting and sewing at one time, but I discovered in my "old age", that limiting my free time to two crafts is a good idea! I sell my needle felted ornaments at my daughter's bookshop, and I enjoy giving away my cards to family and friends for all occasions. 

Stella

Valerie and john68 liked
Malsgal86
(@malsgal86)
Registered
September 19, 2018 5:41 pm  
I used to crochet, sew, cross stitch, and paint but after our second and then third child were born i had ZERO free time for such things. Plus my carpal tunnel limits what i can do now

God when you choose to leave mountains unmovable oh give me the strength to sing it is well with my soul

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
September 19, 2018 5:43 pm  

Hi Stella, Its 10 30 pm over here its dark, wet and the wind is howling outside. My wife is sitting literally up to her eyes in wool (only a small girl) knitting. she also loves to crochet and most of what she makes is gifts for friends and family. She get a lot of pleasure from it and I have to say their is some thing relaxing even watching her doing it. Now what all this nonsense about "old age" :-) On aye she did knit me socks one time but the least said the better lol.

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Barbara liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
September 20, 2018 7:30 am  

Hey John and Malsgal,

There is something very comforting in just watching a person knit or crochet. I used to watch my mother crochet and my aunt knit, and there was something very relaxing about it. 

Malsgal, have you ever thought of scrapbooking or card making?  Those types of crafts put no strain on the wrists and still allows one to be creative. One of the reasons I stopped crocheting and knitting was because I was developing carpal tunnel. I love crafting so much that I found other avenues to release that creativity. 

John, you are still a "youngster" - I'm going to be 62 next month! (YIKES! Where have the years gone?)

Stella

john68 liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
September 20, 2018 9:12 am  

I have been dabbling in making 1/10 scale accessories for my RC truck. It's pretty fun, although I'm definitely improvising and learning things along the way. 

1537449171-20180823154802.jpg

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Valerie and john68 liked
ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
September 20, 2018 8:23 pm  

Right now I'm working on a crochet scarf.  And have finished a couple of hats.  I used to quilt but haven't in years.  Oh and I found triangle loom weaving while recovering from surgery.  

Raine

ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
September 21, 2018 8:41 am  

Hi Eric,

What's an RC Truck? (Forgive my ignorance!)

Stella

ReplyQuote
DngrsCrvs
(@dngrscrvs)
Registered
September 23, 2018 6:09 pm  

I'm a knitter.  I haven't been knitting as much as I'd like because the chemo I'm on makes my skin peel. 

Dx ovarian cancer 4/2017
Attempted debulking and ileostomy 8/2017
2nd attempted debulking and ileostomy converted to colostomy 7/2019

ReplyQuote
Valerie
(@valerie)
Registered
October 13, 2018 11:09 pm  

I knit and crochet, used to sew more, I love the rhythm of knitting. I force myself to learn new hard skills. Conquering socks is my goal this winter!

UC at age 18, 1981. Diagnosed at 20, proctocolectomy with permanent ileostomy at age 23, 1986.

ReplyQuote
Valerie
(@valerie)
Registered
October 13, 2018 11:13 pm  

Stella-    RC means remote control.

UC at age 18, 1981. Diagnosed at 20, proctocolectomy with permanent ileostomy at age 23, 1986.

ReplyQuote
Barbara
(@msbjlee)
Registered
October 14, 2018 3:52 pm  

I have always crocheted but not sure I can any more. After the "unconscious time", as I call the 6 days I was completely out if it, my left hand us really messed up. Don't know if I will be able to control the yarn tension or not.🙁

Severe rheumatoid arthritis, spondoloarthropy, polymyalgia rhumatica, type 1 diabetic, IBS and finally, emergency diverticulitis surgery, colon removed Stella born Jan. 27, 2017. 6 bouts of c-diff, failed fecal transplant. Complete colonectomy and ileostomy July 30, 2018. ENOUGH!!

ReplyQuote