A couple of amusing...

A couple of amusing thoughts  

RSS

sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
August 13, 2019 7:46 am  

Hi everyone,

I think I have a couple of ideas for any additional humorous videos that Eric wants to produce.

The other day, while at the beach I thought, if I blew up my bag to the max, could I use it as a flotation device? Another thought was if I filled it with  helium, would I get at least a foot off the ground? (Actually, I saw a video where a guy was harnessed to about 15(?) weather balloons - the equivalent of 30,000 helium balloons - and would have been lifted quite a few feet in the air if he had not been inside a warehouse!) 

Another thought was if I ever named my stoma, I think it would have to be called "Puff and Toot"! ( I don't know if any of you out there are old enough to remember a children's book about a train from the fifties or early sixties of the same title.)

Stella :-D 

LK liked
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 13, 2019 10:48 am  
Posted by: @sjlovestosing

if I blew up my bag to the max, could I use it as a flotation device

If you had any chance of this working, you'd need one of those overnight ostomy bags with like 2L+ capacity - and you'd have to be about the size of a small child! LOL

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.

~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 13, 2019 10:56 am  

Hello Stella...as I spent the night puffing and tooting myself, consequently awake all night long, these two words are very meaningful this morning.  I always thought The children's books and toys originated from Thomas the Train series. I asked Google this morning about the book Puff and Toot from the 1950's and sure enough up comes not just the book and  cover, but also the story and songs  from the book in video, it will play for you once you hit the arrow.   Toys and books today are very sadly missing the innocence they held when we were kids. My own kids and the other 4,  I raised, from birth to  kindergarten age for their working parents, were raised with the likes of Fragel Rock, and other fun interesting stories for small imaginations. Sorry, but, Sesame Street had poor grammar, did I spell that right?..."me", want a cookie, honestly.  In the light of what children are influenced with these days in so called games, books and comics, I'll take the joy and innocence of hide and seek, anti anti I over, and Puff and Toot back  any day for children and some adults. The video actually tells, and sings the story while the pages in book are viewed, with a tooting whistle  prompt to turn the page.  Google it osto buddies,  it's a real HOOT!

Does anyone remember the words to the romantic chorus that ends with the last sentence..."for something always happens when... a freight train meets a cow!" Or, I'm looking over my dead dog Rover? I sure do. Lol. Sorry, no offence intended. How about I'm John Jacob Jenklehiemrer Schmidt? I digress. ;}. , or, my exhausted brain is having a party. Lol. 

Considering we can float with a pair of Jean's, I imagine if we stuck enough bags blown up together, and tied them to ourselves we could keep afloat . Consider the size of an air mattress. A bigger size would keep us on top verses under the device. Heavens, if we were ever all to gather for a long weekend somewhere in the Okanagan, this would have to be a contest or project! Any volunteers to test helium filled floating devices for a ride? Lol. 

I can't imagine *not* naming my stoma. Have you really never done this? Naming "Rose" was the greatest part of my acceptance of her. Being temperamental, I had a list for the longest time, eventually settling on Rose. My son used to say it should be called FART SAC, thus including a name for the pouch. Lol. I think I'm too tired.

You said for "any additional humorous videos Eric wanted to produce", what did I miss here? Are you looking for some ideas Eric? I'm sure we could help............

Linda

ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
August 13, 2019 11:10 am  

@veganostomy

Eric, a 2L capacity would be great for a day of hiking, tho weight distribution may need to be considered. You could really go places with that!

Linda

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 13, 2019 11:18 am  
Posted by: @dlkfiretruck

@veganostomy

Eric, a 2L capacity would be great for a day of hiking, tho weight distribution may need to be considered. You could really go places with that!

I'm not sure how that would work, to be honest. I feel that the larger the bag, the less active you need to be if you allow it to fill up. Hiking with a heavy bag may be a challenge, regardless of how the bag is being supported. 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
sjlovestosing
(@sjlovestosing)
Registered
August 13, 2019 4:32 pm  

Hi Linda,

My husband had the book when he was very little - we still have it as a matter of fact and read it to our children and my grandchild. If you look up the images for "Puff and Toot" it is the Bonnie Book version. 

Stella

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Bill Bell
(@bago)
Registered
August 18, 2019 3:30 pm  

Saw this on the wall of my gastro doc...

1566156640-ButtLight.jpg

Bill
Ulcerative Colitis... Ileostomy June 2016

ReplyQuote
john68
(@john68)
Registered
August 18, 2019 3:42 pm  

Oh the “cheek” of it 😂

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
August 18, 2019 5:05 pm  

Thats funny. Thanks. One of my GI doctors office had a framed poster for the old Hitchcock movie "Rear Window" in the waiting room.

Onset of severe Ulcerative Colitus Oct.2012. Subtotal colectomy with illiostomy July 2015; Peristomal hernia repair ( Sugarbaker, mesh, laparoscopic) May 2017.

ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
August 19, 2019 11:25 am  

@bago

That's something I'm sure my GI would have on his wall. LOL

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register