Notifications
Clear all

Update on me  

RSS

Raine
(@raine)
Registered
March 14, 2020 5:37 pm  

Surgery went well, only unexpected thing was a hernia.  So ileo is on the far right juet below my waist line it seems like it will he ok there.  Pain on the otherhand can go off the charts, they didn't give me a block this time.  And the surgeons boss decided I was fine to go home Friday.  Hubby has been waiting on me and he even built a couple of contraptions for me to uold onto to get up and down. Sorry for rambling, under the influence of oxy right now.  Thanks for the well wishes.

john68
(@john68)
Registered
March 14, 2020 7:22 pm  

Hi Raine, take your time rest up, speedy recovery 👍

LK liked
ReplyQuote
dieffenk
(@dieffenk)
Registered
March 14, 2020 8:08 pm  

Hi Raine, It is crazy how they want you out of the hospital so fast these days! It was the same for me. My surgery was in October of last year. Take your pain meds before you have to much pain, they will work better.

best of luck👍

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Dona
 Dona
(@dona)
Registered
March 14, 2020 9:11 pm  

Wishing you a great recovery. Take it easy. My husband put grab rails up next to the toilet ( and in the shower) and it was huge help after abdominal surgery, especially the toilet one.

And yes, good to stay ahead of the pain. I was able to manage on BIG tylenol pills after I got home. Good to get off the Oyx as soon as you can. Better to take too much Tylenol ( Disclaimer: I am not a doctor...but it worked for me).

Be well

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Lynne
(@lynne)
Registered
March 14, 2020 10:32 pm  

Glad the surgery went well!  Hope you have a smooth recovery.  Some days you'll probably feel really lousy but know that even 2 steps forward, one back, you will end up in a good place! Lots of protein is good for healing.  

LK liked
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 16, 2020 11:42 am  
Posted by: @raine

And the surgeons boss decided I was fine to go home Friday.

In light of what's been going on with COVID-19, this may actually be a good thing, although not ideal considering you are still experiencing so much pain. 

I hope that your recovery goes well and that things end up being better for you. 

LK liked
ReplyQuote
Raine
(@raine)
Registered
March 16, 2020 11:47 am  

@veganostomy

Yes Eric, I came to the same conclusion.  After I was discharged the local news was reporting the first cases in Pittsburgh.  They were talking to admins at the hospital I was in, made me glad to be home.  

LK liked
ReplyQuote
LK
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)
Registered
March 16, 2020 12:47 pm  

Hi Raine...recovery can be a bit tough if your doing too much, and equally if your not moving around other then to the washroom or to the couch. Stand tall & try and get outside for a walk in the fresh air no matter how cold or wet it may be, dress for it. Get some good fresh oxygen in your lungs and blood. 

It is  okay to take extra strength tylenol, too much in one shot can be harmful to your liver. I find for this surgical pain it actually works better the any opioids. Be careful and take as directed, stay on top of the pain by taking  regularly. Every four hours is acceptable but none closer. Drink lots of fluids, this is important for circulating meds too.

Be patient with yourself  it sounds like you have a fabulous support system.  Hang on to that! Listen to your body and take a nap if you need one. Sleep is important for healing too.

All the best in your recovery! 

ReplyQuote