Notifications
Clear all

Peeing after APR surgery  

RSS

ArchieB
(@archieb)
Registered
March 10, 2020 10:49 am  

Not sure where else to ask such a question, I'm just over 3 weeks post-op from APR surgery. After surgery going pee was a real struggle starting and stopping, as time has past it almost feels like its 80% back to normal but stopping still feels like I don't have the same muscle strength in that realm that I had pre-op....just curious is this anyone else's experience as well ? Is it because they remove my anus and all the sphincter muscles that I no longer have access to use ? I'll definitely be asking the surgeon when I see him for my follow up in 3 more weeks.

VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin
March 10, 2020 10:56 am  

I had similar issues shortly after surgery and it sometimes felt as if peeing abruptly stopped, followed by pain. From what I recall, it didn't last too long and it was considered "normal" at the time. 

This should definitely be discussed during your follow-up appointment, especially if it hasn't gotten better by then. 

ReplyQuote
dogtalkerer
(@dogtalkerer)
Registered
March 10, 2020 2:13 pm  

I've had odd functionality since surgery.  but since things have not really changed in years,  I just take it as the new normal as it started right away.  no reason for more surgery that can disrupt something else.   sometimes its sounds like I am milking a cow.  i can pee in the morning, then 5minutes later pee the same amount.  can happen after a nap, so I assume something to do with lying down, surgery,radiation.  everything seems more normal during the day.   

ReplyQuote