Another Proctectomy...

Notifications
Clear all

Another Proctectomy Thread

49 Posts
11 Users
89 Likes
(@john68)

Hi Tony, That’s great news 👏 The very best wishes. Plus great timing with the Barbie movie being all the rage. I can defo see you as the next Ryan Gosling 😁. 

ileostomy 31st August 1994 for Crohns

Tigerlily, Chelly and Tony H reacted
ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

Posted by: @tony-h

well the time has come for me to have a proctectomy ,(almost 90% decided ) , had the pre op assessment yesterday and  was told I should have a date in two or three weeks , if I go ahead I will be getting gall bladder removed at the same time , all will be done through keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery , no robot in my hospital , but surgeon has a great reputation ,

told to get as fit as possible and before surgery to take Nutricia Pre Op drink , never heard of this before ,

Anyway if I do go through with the surgery , hopefully it will be successful and my life will improve even more , 

as usual thanks for reading . 

this is good news. Make sure he's taking everything to do with than rectum/ anus out and sews it up shut.  so you won't have any issues later. I had them take my appendix with my proctocolectomy . My gallbladder was out already but I figured get that appendix out while they were in there as so I have no future issues with that thing.

I'm glad you made the decision and especially after what's going on with John. 

Tigerlily and Tony H reacted
ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

Get a handheld shower head so you can be sure to keep the bum incision real clean. My Dr. Suggested that when i was in the hospital. It helps because when they sew you up if there's any deep dips it cleans things out.

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

Just a quick update ,going in for preop assessment on Tuesday and if all OK will get operated on Wednesday 

VeganOstomy, Tigerlily, LK and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@tony-h  ... That's great its so quick Tony! I'll  be praying all goes well & that you have a healthy & speedy recovery.

Linda

Chelly and Tigerlily reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

Thanks Linda ,just heading up for a pre operative assessment and if all good will be getting done tomorrow,  

Nerves are jangling a bit now , see ye all on the other side ,and thanks for all the support esp John 

Tony ,

In the Cove of Cork  

LK, Chelly, john68 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

@tony-h Good luck, Tony! It may seem literally like a pain in the butt, but the long-term benefits are the prize. 👍 👍

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

LK and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

@veganostomy thanks Eric will be going in tomorrow morning so hopefully will be all done by the afternoon  .

LK, Chelly and VeganOstomy reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@tony-h ... Best of luck Tony! Good for you being proactive about this particular health issue! Remember to try & deep breath your jiggly nerves into submission!

Linda

Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

Thanks Linda , just heading out to the hospital now 

LLNorth and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

Surgery a success ,just having a cup of tea ,then trying  to go to sleep, thanks for all the support, 

Tony

Chelly, VeganOstomy, Tigerlily and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LK
(@dlkfiretruck)

@tony-h ...  So Good To Know surgery went well! I hope you sleep/ slept well!! You were on my mind a lot today so thank you for checking in with us all here!  Now the healing begins . . .

Linda

ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Awh Tony brilliant news 🙏👍

LK, Tigerlily and Tony H reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

@tony-h wonderful news Tony! Rest up, take good care of yourself so you can go home soon. The tea always tastes better at home.☕️

Laurie

Just a semicolon

LK and Tony H reacted
ReplyQuote
VeganOstomy
(@veganostomy)
Admin

Great news, @tony-h!

Just your friendly neighborhood ostomate.
~ Crohn's Disease ¦ Ileostomy ~

Tony H reacted
ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

@tony-h great news!! Now you can rest easy.

ReplyQuote
Chelly
(@chelly)

How are you doing Tony? 

ReplyQuote
Tony H
(@tony-h)
Topic starter  

Doing quite well now slept a lot for the lot few day and all wound are doing well , last drain coming our in the next 30 minutes and it s off home then ,will update more from the comfort of home , anyone with any good cushion recommendations would be appreciated, the one I'm using g in the hospital is about €400 

LLNorth, Chelly, john68 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Tigerlily
(@tigerlily)

@tony-h that’s great news Tony. You’ll sleep better and heal faster at home. In hospital, they gave me a Roho cushion to try, and I didn’t like it at all. It didn’t alleviate the pressure on my wound, and I understand that it was very expensive. I had to perfect the “Cleopatra drape” for awhile, until I found a cushion that worked for me. The one I started with was called “TushCush”. I have tried several others that I like; the similarity between all of them is that they have a keyhole cutout in the back, so your wound isn’t touching anything but you feel supported by the rest of the cushion. My current favourite is called “Everlasting Comfort”. All of these you should be able to find on Amazon, or in a medical supply shop.

While I was healing, I forbade the phrase “pain in the butt” in my house. It wasn’t funny. I can roll with it now, but I still don’t find it funny.

Laurie

Just a semicolon

Tony H, Chelly and john68 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@john68)

Hey Tony, Great to hear from you. Have been wondering how yer getting on. I looked up and see a company called Homecare Medical based in the West of Ireland sure have a wee look 👀. Some whee maybe here ? I have read that a cushion with a hole or ring can put too much pressure on yer rear. So maybe stick with a flat design. Any ways great to hear ye will soon be free to do some damage. More power to yer wee back wheel and healing on dat butt. 💍🐴🍩

Tony H, Tigerlily and Chelly reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3